Author Topic: White House Reporter Asks if Michelle Obama Knows Robert Gibbs is Joining McDonald’s  (Read 1327 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
White House Reporter Asks if Michelle Obama Knows Robert Gibbs is Joining McDonald’s
Daniel Bassali

Tuesday morning, Former Press Secretary Robert Gibbs revealed he will be joining McDonald’s to head communications and serve as the fast-food company’s spokesperson.

The move will raise eyebrows for many who recall Gibbs’ advocacy for the First Lady’s healthy eating initiatives.

“Has anybody told the First Lady about Robert Gibbs going to McDonald’s?” AFP’s Andrew Beatty asked Josh Earnest at the White House press briefing.

Earnest said he was unsure if she was informed and congratulated McDonald’s on hiring Gibbs, echoing a statement made by David Axelrod.

McDonald’s said Gibbs will help them “in communicating clear, coordinated messages to internal and external constituencies, enhancing the brand and supporting corporate strategies.”

Not to worry for the First Lady, as McDonald’s announced it will use Gibbs to to “build a more progressive burger company.”

Appearing on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Obama chided Olympic gymnastics gold medalist Gabby Douglas for telling Leno she splurged with a McDonald’s Egg McMuffin.

“Yeah, Gabby, don’t encourage that! But I’m sure it was on a whole wheat muffin,” Obama said. “You’re setting me back, Gabby.”

To make matters worse for Obama, it is not just White House staff rebelling against her well intentioned but highly unpopular advocacy. The president himself seemed to take advantage of time away from his wife and her imposing health consciousness.

more at:

http://freebeacon.com/culture/white-house-reporter-asks-if-michelle-obama-knows-robert-gibbs-is-joining-mcdonalds/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

One more reason to avoid the Golden Arches.

PS:  Melt the cheese!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
One more reason to avoid the Golden Arches.

PS:  Melt the cheese!

Their sales keep dropping, they keep doing stupid things.  This does it for me, I won't be going there anymore. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Can't recall when I last visited a McDonald's restaurant and have no plans to visit one ever again.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Their sales keep dropping, they keep doing stupid things.  This does it for me, I won't be going there anymore.

Yesterday morning, I stopped by Burger King for the intention of getting their french toast sticks.

Instead, I fell for the picture of a sausage/egg and cheese on a croissant...but "fully loaded" with two slices of ham and bacon.

While I had to wait almost 5 minutes for them to clear out the orders in their drive-thru, the sandwich came to me so HOT that I couldn't hold it too long in my hands (while driving)

It was delicious.  Inhaled it.   Breakfast for less than 5 bucks.  What a deal!  LOL!

Mickey D's can go to hell.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:46:40 am by DCPatriot »

Offline alicewonders

Yesterday morning, I stopped by Burger King for the intention of getting their french toast sticks.

Instead, I fell for the picture of a sausage/egg and cheese on a croissant...but "fully loaded" with two slices of ham and bacon.

While I had to wait almost 5 minutes for them to clear out the orders in their drive-thru, the sandwich came to me so HOT that I couldn't hold it too long in my hands (while driving)

It was delicious.  Inhaled it.   Breakfast for less than 5 bucks.  What a deal!  LOL!

Mickey D's can go to hell.   :laugh:

Exactly.  I used to love McDonald's breakfasts, but they seem smaller now.  All the ones around here have remodeled to get rid of Ronald McDonald and look like a coffee shop.  They have car charging stations and are pushing healthy apples and stuff for kids. 

There's a local place down the street that sells awesome breakfasts - the wait is usually longer, but worth the wait.  They cost a little more than McD's - but the portions are great and it tastes great.

Goodbye McDonalds.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He and Michelle will crash McDonald's. I'm checking on their puts even now.

The Left believes in all this no salt, gluten-free, no transfat, low cal, nonsense as a matter of ideology, not in terms of common sense and market forces.

When people go to a greasy spoon restaurant they want fat, and salt, and calories. That is the whole point. They are not going there to be 'lectured' or 'indoctrinated'.

And the best part is that you cannot fool children. You can convince the adults to buy into Michelle's Leftist bullsh-t. But the kids don't care. And they don't want carrot sticks and arugula. They want deep fried chicken fingers with fries and lots of ketchup.

When the day comes that the van load of kids start screaming NO! NO! I don't want McDonald's. That is the day they are done.

And that day is coming closer and closer all the time.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

He and Michelle will crash McDonald's. I'm checking on their puts even now.

The Left believes in all this no salt, gluten-free, no transfat, low cal, nonsense as a matter of ideology, not in terms of common sense and market forces.

When people go to a greasy spoon restaurant they want fat, and salt, and calories. That is the whole point. They are not going there to be 'lectured' or 'indoctrinated'.

And the best part is that you cannot fool children. You can convince the adults to buy into Michelle's Leftist bullsh-t. But the kids don't care. And they don't want carrot sticks and arugula. They want deep fried chicken fingers with fries and lots of ketchup.

When the day comes that the van load of kids start screaming NO! NO! I don't want McDonald's. That is the day they are done.

And that day is coming closer and closer all the time.

You're right.   :beer:

Online DCPatriot

McDonald's is the Sears and Roebuck of the fast food burger world.   :laugh:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Paladin

I suspect McDs didn't hire Gibbs for any of his supposed communication skills but rather for his political connections. Perhaps they know the do-gooders and regulators have something in the works and expect Gibbs to blunt their actions.

As to Burger King I no longer patronize them because of what their San Francisco branch put out during some homo pride thing or other.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online DCPatriot

Starting to think that this Robert Gibbs/McDonald's thing has to do with the HB visa process....similar to what Disneyland just did with using/abusing said program to bring more undocumented immigrants into our country. 

Also, a backdoor strategy in which to bring Union representation [read: $$$ for the DNC] to McDonald's employees.

Understand that it's happening in Silicon Valley too.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph....are we even going to survive as a nation until noon 1/20/2017?   :shrug:

Online andy58-in-nh

Same clown, different gig.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn