Author Topic: GOP fears it will win ObamaCare court battle  (Read 2517 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: GOP fears it will win ObamaCare court battle
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 05:04:55 pm »
Yes.  Let's embrace a strategy that's guaranteed to make things worse.

Voting for Republicans is like drinking sewer water to you, so your solution is to drink  a big glass of nuclear waste.

Third parties don't work because the powers that be have convinced you that they can't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAT_BuJAI70
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 05:10:47 pm »
Third parties don't work because the powers that be have convinced you that they can't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAT_BuJAI70

No. Third parties don't work because they've NEVER worked.  Recent third party efforts by egomaniacs like Ross Perot have given us Bill Clinton and hurt the GOP. 

Even a total political fool like Donald Trump realizes he has to run in one of the two parties to even have a chance.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 05:12:49 pm »
No. Third parties don't work because they've NEVER worked.  Recent third party efforts by egomaniacs like Ross Perot have given us Bill Clinton and hurt the GOP. 

Even a total political fool like Donald Trump realizes he has to run in one of the two parties to even have a chance.

Campaign finance reform would level the playing field a lot. Third parties have trouble competing because they can't raise a billion dollars. Your ability to be successful in politics should not depend on how much money you have access to.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:14:37 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2015, 08:51:43 pm »
No Republicans - zero - were involved in designing or drafting the abomination known as The Affordable Care Act. Not a single member of the GOP voted for the bill, which was facilitated by a combination of legislative chicanery and outright bribery.

In what manner should Republicans now be responsible for amending or saving what Democrats alone created?

Let Democrats choke on it.

And, the people getting subsidies I'm betting don't vote GOP, if they vote at all. How is this going to hurt the GOP then?

The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 09:05:51 pm »
No Republicans - zero - were involved in designing or drafting the abomination known as The Affordable Care Act. Not a single member of the GOP voted for the bill, which was facilitated by a combination of legislative chicanery and outright bribery.

In what manner should Republicans now be responsible for amending or saving what Democrats alone created?

Let Democrats choke on it.

Luv ya, Andy!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2015, 02:10:16 am »
It's "deal time".

Time for some REAL "dealing" by the Republicans, based on the weight of the leverage they'll obtain from a Supreme Court decision that tosses out the subsidies.

The Republican offer to the democrats should be:

Yes, we'll restore the subsidies with corrective language, but...
... ONLY with the following changes to the law:
1. Repeal the penalties for not buying insurance. Get rid of the mandates. ALL of them.
2. Repeal some or all of the mandatory requirements for health insurance coverage (such as policies for men having to cover maternity).
3. Get rid of any oversight boards or committees that could be construed as comprising "death panels".
4. Repeal the medical device tax.
And, last but not least:
5. Remove the IRS from having any control over the enforcement of the Affordable Care Act. No power to collect penalties, no nuthin'.

This is how a party in the majority cuts a deal.
Make them an offa they can't refuse.

Think the Pubbies will wise up to such a notion?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 02:15:22 am by Fishrrman »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2015, 02:55:56 am »
It's "deal time".

Time for some REAL "dealing" by the Republicans, based on the weight of the leverage they'll obtain from a Supreme Court decision that tosses out the subsidies.

The Republican offer to the democrats should be:

Yes, we'll restore the subsidies with corrective language, but...
... ONLY with the following changes to the law:
1. Repeal the penalties for not buying insurance. Get rid of the mandates. ALL of them.
2. Repeal some or all of the mandatory requirements for health insurance coverage (such as policies for men having to cover maternity).
3. Get rid of any oversight boards or committees that could be construed as comprising "death panels".
4. Repeal the medical device tax.
And, last but not least:
5. Remove the IRS from having any control over the enforcement of the Affordable Care Act. No power to collect penalties, no nuthin'.

This is how a party in the majority cuts a deal.
Make them an offa they can't refuse.

Think the Pubbies will wise up to such a notion?

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but.....

*  Every poll ever taken since it passed says that the VAST majority of Americans HATE Obamacare.  Nothing Obama claimed/promised came to pass or was true.

*  The mid-terms of 2010 and 2014 proved it....down to dogcatcher in any hick town in the USA.

*  Obamacare is the runaway #1 reason for the recession of the American economy since Christmas Eve, 2009 until the present.  Regardless of what the lying mainstream media tries to tell us.  Companies are sitting on buku cash and are simply waiting this SOB out.

* Literally...EVERY word that comes out of Obama's mouth is a lie.

I'm not worried in the least.

WALKER/RUBIO is going to be the ticket.  Might as well resign yourselves to it.    :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2015, 12:13:27 am »
Is there ANYTHING the GOPe doesn't fear? 

Being the minority party.  They love that.   

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 01:18:45 am »
Being the minority party.  They love that.

You definitely have a point!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 01:26:43 am »
You definitely have a point!

Come on, guys!

If the GOP had the ability to override a presidential veto, things would be different.

But with an adversarial MSM, eighteen months out of an election where currently the vast majority of voters hate what the Rats have wrought upon the nation...why not just ride that 'flat tire' until he's gone.

Of course they're scared....they're as scared as anybody would be staring at a loaded gun pointed at you, held by a lunatic.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 01:34:26 am »
Come on, guys!

If the GOP had the ability to override a presidential veto, things would be different.

But with an adversarial MSM, eighteen months out of an election where currently the vast majority of voters hate what the Rats have wrought upon the nation...why not just ride that 'flat tire' until he's gone.

Of course they're scared....they're as scared as anybody would be staring at a loaded gun pointed at you, held by a lunatic.

Come on guys my A$$! The GOPe has lied to me so much I don't believe a word they say about anything anymore!

"Give us back the senate and we will repeal Obamacare!"  Haven't even tried much less done it!

"Give us back the senate and we will rein in the EPA!"  Same story!

"Give us back the senate and we will rein in government spending!" Gave Obama a blank check basically till the end of his term!

Plenty of more examples if you me to name them!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:39:26 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2015, 03:52:48 am »
So true, especially about the part of them totally losing credibility.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2015, 11:52:07 am »
No one's even talking about the devastating loss of American sovereignty under this so-called fast track trade authority the GOP is about to surrender to Obama, TODAY! Say hello to a one world government. Be sure to email the GOP a thank-you note.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 12:42:30 pm »
No one's even talking about the devastating loss of American sovereignty under this so-called fast track trade authority the GOP is about to surrender to Obama, TODAY! Say hello to a one world government. Be sure to email the GOP a thank-you note.

So much to grieve over...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 01:30:35 pm »
If a Republican wins in 2016, can't he/she void the Trade Bill/Law?   :shrug:

Like we expect them to do with the countless Executive Orders put forth by our little boy president?

Offline Dexter

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2015, 01:33:14 pm »
If a Republican wins in 2016, can't he/she void the Trade Bill/Law?   :shrug:

The trade bill has bipartisan support.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:33:52 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2015, 01:35:14 pm »

Not if there's hanky panky in there, it won't.  [Think the 'Affordable' Care Act aka Obamacare]

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2015, 03:01:03 pm »

Demonstrating, once again, that both the Dems and the GOP will sell this country out to the globalists...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2015, 03:37:48 pm »

Put the word "free-trade" in there and the international corportists and morons in Congress will vote for it like robots -- never having actually read the bill themselves.

Ask your congressman about the international commission the bill would set up, one that would exist in perpetuity and to which the American people must submit. Ask him/her about that, our loss of American sovereignty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2015, 01:31:58 am »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ Put the word "free-trade" in there and the international corportists and morons in Congress will vote for it like robots -- never having actually read the bill themselves. ]]

There are members of this forum -- call them the GOPe RyeKn"O"w contingent -- who are on record for having said that the bill should be supported for EXACTLY that reason.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2015, 01:51:58 am »
aligncare wrote above:
[[ Put the word "free-trade" in there and the international corportists and morons in Congress will vote for it like robots -- never having actually read the bill themselves. ]]

There are members of this forum -- call them the GOPe RyeKn"O"w contingent -- who are on record for having said that the bill should be supported for EXACTLY that reason.

I read a headline this evening saying that Walker supported fast track....WTF?    **nononono*

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2015, 02:37:26 am »
Put the word "free-trade" in there and the international corportists and morons in Congress will vote for it like robots -- never having actually read the bill themselves.

Ask your congressman about the international commission the bill would set up, one that would exist in perpetuity and to which the American people must submit. Ask him/her about that, our loss of American sovereignty.

I just had a 20 minute long heated conversation with my congressman's chief of staff over this. She assures me that TPA is public and has been passed by the senate is what is up for a vote. TPA will mandate that TPP or any future trade agreement over the next 6 years be public for 60 days before any president can send that agreement to Congress for debate and vote.

I'm going to read it to find out if that is true! Here's a link if you want to do the same.

http://kevinbrady.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=399096

- J. R. R. Tolkien