Author Topic: European Space Agency plans town on the moon to replace ISS  (Read 631 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/193443/European_Space_Agency_plans_town_on_the_moon_to_replace_ISS

The European Space Agency is planning a village on the moon to replace the International Space Station orbiting earth that looks like it has come straight from the Teletubbies, Daily Mail reports. Professor Jan Woerner, the future head of the ESA, said construction could start on 'Lunarville' to replace the station in 2024 and would spark huge innovations. 'The construction of a station on the moon would trigger a huge surge of technological innovation on earth. The back side of the moon, which we can't see from earth, would provide the best conditions for research where telescopes could be set up to have an undisturbed view into the depths of space. 'At the start construction materials and food would take priortiy. Later it would be possible to produce water from hydrogen. Crops could be grown in greenhouses. Researchers would remain for several months at a time. A permanent shuttle service needs to be established in the case of medical emergencies.'
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: European Space Agency plans town on the moon to replace ISS
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:53:18 pm »
I think it's a wonderful idea and I wish the USA would join in such an endeavor. It is time to make some REAL progress, we need to have something hopeful to watch for a change.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!