Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: GOP Shouldn't Accept Caitlyn Jenner  (Read 3115 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Limbaugh: GOP Shouldn't Accept Caitlyn Jenner
« on: June 04, 2015, 01:25:31 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/rush-limbaugh-bruce-jenner-transgender-republicans/2015/06/03/id/648603/

Wednesday, 03 Jun 2015 11:33 PM

By Greg Richter

Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh says the GOP should not be so quick to give up the fight for what is "normal" by accepting transgenderism, even though its most famous advocate identifies as a Republican.

Bruce Jenner shocked viewers when he told ABC's Diane Sawyer in April he was a Republican in an interview announcing he was transitioning to a woman. Jenner now identifies as a woman and goes by the name Caitlyn.

Liberals are trying to "redefine normalcy," Limbaugh said on his show Tuesday, and conservatives and Republicans are "the new weirdos."

Transgender issues are part of a political objective to normalize "marginal behavior," he said. "I mean, if less than 1 percent of the population is engaging in it, it’s marginalized behavior. It isn’t normal, no matter how you define it."

Society should not be celebrating and encouraging such behavior, Limbaugh said.

"These people have a very serious problem, and they need treatment," he said. "They need help, not encouragement."

Limbaugh was responding to a Conservative Read blogger who suggested conservatives should embrace Jenner as a fellow Republican to make them seem more humane.

"With the momentum from this announcement and affiliation, Catilyn inadvertently gave the Republican Party something it desperately needs more of – "street cred," simply put, an understanding sense of humanity," the blogger wrote.

Jenner suggested in the ABC interview, "Maybe this is why God put me on this earth. To deal with this issue."

But Limbaugh wasn't swayed.

"This fits everything the media wants to do in terms of turning the culture upside down, redefining what 'normal' is, getting revenge against the majority for all of these decades of discrimination and mockery and disapproval and all these religious fanatics judging other people simply because of, quote, 'who they love,' unquote," he said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Rush Limbaugh: GOP Shouldn't Accept Caitlyn Jenner
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »
I heard Rush say this, and agree.  Though I think Bruce should get to vote for whichever party HE wants to, I don't think people on the right should embrace this as 'normal.'

It's just not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:57:15 pm »
I half-agree with Limbaugh. While I agree that Jenner is playing right into the hands of an agenda that is totally seeking to subvert moral culture (and he has a VERY long history of attention-seeking gimmicks), I don't think we should, as a POLITICAL movement, totally reject him as a person because of this.

We shouldn't openly embrace it. We can be indifferent about it, agree to disagree, if you will. That is what makes us different from the agenda pushers. To them, anything less than open embrace is considered homophobic, transphobic, etc. If we can look at Jenner and say "OK, I think this is weird and stupid, but hey, it's your decision," it will mark a stark contrast between us and the agenda pushers, who, quite frankly, have been beating us to a pulp in the court of public opinion the past few years. This is an opportunity to push back without looking like prudes.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 04:58:30 pm »
This fellow is mentally ill. While many of us consider all liberals to be mentally ill (or else they wouldn't be Democrats) the sad truth is that not all of the mentally ill are liberals. I won't "accept" Bruce Jenner's behavior. All I can do is pray for him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 05:03:02 am »
Rush is correct.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 05:32:59 am »
1. Jenner stated a few weeks ago, that he was politically conservative.

2. Cross dressing wasn't just invented a short time ago, to confound early 21st century "social conservatives," even if they think it was.

It has been around for a long time. It just hadn't occurred yet, how to cash it in for $ millions. Now it has.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 06:54:07 pm »
Rush is correct.

Actually, he's full of shit on this subject.

Cross dressing wasn't just invented a short time ago, to confound early 21st century "social conservatives," even if they think it was.

I wish "social conservatives" would give it a rest, but that's a forlorn hope.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:54:30 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 07:21:38 pm »

I wish "social conservatives" would give it a rest, but that's a forlorn hope.

This week's activities include excusing Josh Duggar and Denny Hastert, while criticizing Bruce Jenner.

And Karl Rove wrote an article, citing the significant shift in our population, away from "socially conservative" viewpoints, to "socially moderate" viewpoints.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 07:23:46 pm »
And Karl Rove wrote an article, citing the significant shift in our population, away from "socially conservative" viewpoints, to "socially moderate" viewpoints.
In other words, moral collapse. There will be Hell, literally, to pay.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 07:28:58 pm »
How many times has Limbaugh stood at the altar?  He's an asshat.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 07:44:53 pm »
How many times has Limbaugh stood at the altar?  He's an asshat.
Three, but as far as I know, he always took the part of the groom.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 08:08:36 pm »

The shift has gone several directions. One can also say that many are letting politics get involved in things it has no business in. When political races are dominated by opinions about a drag queen, then one can easily say even Conservatives have swung very far to the left as well. If one defines Conservatism as limited government and maximum individual freedom around a Constitutional framework, 90% of the things we are talking about now would have zero place in politics.

Both the left and right are dealing with group identity politics and pandering to their own groups and pitting groups against each other. I haven't heard of anyone speaking for the individual and saying the words that should be the rally cry for the right "It is not my money and it is none of my business".

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 08:33:37 pm »
The worst part of all of this is, there is a guy who is obviously experiencing some kind of mental trauma. And it is real, and it is serious.

Instead of talking to him to figure it out, the Left yells him on.

It reminds me of the Roman Colosseum. 

Yeh man! Cut your dick off and put on panties and a dress. Do it dude!

Meanwhile my buddies and I are betting on what color lipstick he will use.

It is like a pig show. Show me how stupid the world can be. And I will bet on it.

He  does not know it, obviously, but he is not a 'woman', he is a clown.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 09:17:56 pm »
He's a drag queen at this point - no different than Ru Paul really. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 10:50:55 pm »

If one defines Conservatism as limited government and maximum individual freedom around a Constitutional framework, 90% of the things we are talking about now would have zero place in politics.

The loudest voices in "conservatism" firmly believe their religion should be the basis for civil laws concerning private, personal behavior of everybody in the USA.

And those same voices defend Josh Duggar and his parents, and Denny Hastert.  The audacity of that hypocrisy is amazing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 12:12:18 am »
Who the heck is defending Denny Hastert? Where do you get this stuff?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 01:01:02 am »

That has got to be some sight; a horny Hastert heading at ya.  "Come here, Dukie.  Let's get all oiled up so ol' Coach Denny put you in the 'clincher'!  Then we'll grab a steam, a shower and brats and brew afterwards."
I believe I just made myself puke a little.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 01:18:49 am »
Forget it, he's trolling.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 01:47:38 am »
Machiavelli wrote:
[[ I wish "social conservatives" would give it a rest, but that's a forlorn hope. ]]

I'm a social conservative, and I AM NOT going to "give it a rest".
Forget about it, pal.

Rush is absolutely right.

Some other thoughts...

Popeye the Sailor:
"I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam!"

No problems with that, I think the same of myself.

Bruce Jenner is who he is, and that's all that he is. If "who he is" is something of a social freak, so be it. We can't change that. If he wants to be a Republican, well, more power to him.

But please -- who (or what) he is IS NOT anything that could be considered normal or even "near the norm".

Don't try to proselytize that he is.
I ain't buyin' it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 10:17:56 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald