Author Topic: Caitlyn Jenner comes out, and social conservatives take an apocalyptic view  (Read 829 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/caitlyn-jenner-comes-out-and-republicans-fear-the-culture-war-is-lost/2015/06/04/aa8ccbbe-0ade-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

By Robert Costa and Philip Rucker June 4 at 7:44 PM

In the four days since Bruce Jenner came out as a woman named Caitlyn, many Americans have celebrated her transformation as a courageous and, even, heroic act.

But among the social conservatives who are a major force within the Republican Party, there is a far darker view. To them, the widespread acceptance of Jenner’s evolution from an Olympic gold medalist whose masculinity was enshrined on a Wheaties box to a shapely woman posing suggestively on the cover of Vanity Fair was a reminder that they are losing the culture wars.

Across social media, blogs and talk radio this week, conservatives painted an apocalyptic view of America. They said they felt frustrated and increasingly isolated by the country’s sudden acceptance and even embrace of transgender people. They see it as immoral and foreign. They drew comparisons to two darkly futuristic novels, George Orwell’s “1984” and Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World.”

“People feel like they’re under siege and that the terms of the debate are now you either applaud it or you’re a bigot,” said William J. Bennett, education secretary in the Reagan administration. “It’s like American culture is being dragged kicking and screaming not only toward acceptance but approval.”

Jenner’s watershed moment — which coincides with the Supreme Court preparing to rule on whether to allow same-sex marriage nationwide — leaves the GOP and its stable of presidential candidates grappling with how to represent conservatives who don’t wish to accept Jenner and more moderate voters who have already done so.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Paladin

WaPo: so politically correct, so full of BS.

her transformation as a courageous and, even, heroic act...to a shapely woman posing suggestively on the cover of Vanity Fair

conservatives painted an apocalyptic view of America...They drew comparisons to two darkly futuristic novels, George Orwell’s “1984” and Aldous Huxley’s “Brave New World.”...conservatives who don’t wish to accept Jenner and more moderate voters who have already done so.

I can't read the rest of the piece but I assume it runs in the same vein.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline NavyCanDo

Apocalyptic view?  As long as the people prepping the candidate's for the debate questions regarding this, its not apocalyptic at all. You can count on debate questions like, "If Caitlyn Jenner wants to endorse your campaign will you welcome it? And would you allow her to join your stage at stump speeches?" 
They are going to have to be ready for questions like this, - and have a well thought out answer ready. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:50:05 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mountaineer

I really need the Washpoo to tell me what I'm thinking.   :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline raml

If they even hint that this was a courageous act by Bruce Jenner I will make sure not to vote for this politician ever. I am sick of disgusting perversions being forced on us an there are plenty of people who think like me and they aren't all Christians either.