Author Topic: Politico...The Rise and Fall of the Obama-Media Romance  (Read 296 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politico...The Rise and Fall of the Obama-Media Romance
« on: June 02, 2015, 01:09:51 pm »
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/obama-media-romance-118521.html?hp=rc1_4#.VW2q2EaGMYt

The Rise and Fall of the Obama-Media Romance

By JACK SHAFER

June 01, 2015

Departing Face the Nation host Bob Schieffer saved the best for last: In an interview aired yesterday on a competing Sunday show, Howard Kurtz’s Media Buzz on Fox News Channel, he conceded that the awe-struck press had given Barack Obama an easy ride in his 2008 presidential campaign and perhaps beyond.

“I think the whole political world was struck by this fella who sort of came out of nowhere with this very unusual name and when he won out in Iowa, I think people sat up and took notice,” Schieffer said. “Maybe we were not skeptical enough.”

Two other notable names reached Schieffer’s assessment early in the 2008 campaign. In a February primary debate, Hillary Clinton complained the press was favoring Obama. Citing a recent Saturday Night Live skit, Clinton quipped, “Maybe we should ask Barack if he’s comfortable and needs another pillow.” John McCain’s campaign similarly called foul during the general election, alleging an Obama-press romance.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/obama-media-romance-118521.html#ixzz3buTjExAk
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Politico...The Rise and Fall of the Obama-Media Romance
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 01:20:44 pm »
Rise, sure. Fall? I don't see it.