Author Topic: West Virginia man sues education officials for teaching his daughter 'religion' of evolution  (Read 11083 times)

Offline musiclady

I apologize for anything I have distorted. I simply wanted to point out that science sees humanity as no better than any other life form while religion sees humanity as the most significant life form in the universe. I think that contradicts what you said about science thinking we are the center of the universe.

Ah..... but it doesn't even come close to doing that, and I have given the reason why.  Religion....... specifically Judeo/Christianity...... very strongly places GOD at the Center.  For you to continue to argue that you think Christianity puts man at the center, just because plants aren't our equal, is a mere spitting into the wind.

And for your own personal enlightenment, I would urge you to do a bit more research on the philosophy of the 18th and 19th centuries that took God not only out of philosophy, but also education and science (and was incidentally called "humanism" because it clearly placed man at the center of the universe, and above God).

Your belief that humans are too magnificent to have been a product of evolution is not evidence of a creator.

So you are saying that the human body is magnificent is only a 'belief' that I have, and not reality?

Yikes.

I'll use an obvious parallel.  Show me a functioning watch that wasn't made by anyone, and then compare its complexity with that of the human body, and you might begin to understand the obvious.

We didn't just 'happen.'  The evidence points clearly to a Designer.

Unless you shut your eyes, cover your ears and hum to avoid reality......... which I have a sense is exactly what you are doing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:07:03 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Don't know much about the theory of evolution, etc..

But I can say this....I don't believe that all the oil/petroleum in the ground is a result of decayed dinosaurs.

The graduate degreed petroleum engineers and geologists that I worked with did and most continue to believe it so.

Not just dinosaurs, but also the other things in the seas. Krill, plankton, etc.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

The graduate degreed petroleum engineers and geologists that I worked with did and most continue to believe it so.

Not just dinosaurs, but also the other things in the seas. Krill, plankton, etc.

Yeah, I wanna believe what these guys believe 'cause they're so much smarter than I am...   /s

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan