Author Topic: TSA failure: Investigators able to smuggle weapons past airport checks in 95 percent  (Read 499 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/national/tsa-failure-investigators-able-to-smuggle-weapons-past-airport-checks-in-95-percent-of-tests

An internal investigation of the Transportation Security Administration revealed security failures at dozens of the nation’s busiest airports, where undercover investigators were able to smuggle mock explosives or banned weapons through checkpoints in 95 percent of trials, ABC News learned exclusively. The series of tests were conducted by Homeland Security Red Teams who pose as passengers, setting out to beat the system. According to officials briefed on the results of a recent Homeland Security Inspector General’s report, TSA agents failed 67 out of 70 tests, with Red Team members repeatedly able to get potential weapons through checkpoints. In one test an undercover agent was stopped after setting off an alarm at a magnetometer, but TSA screeners failed to detect a fake explosive device that was taped to his back during a follow-on pat down.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online mountaineer

But they successfully found and seized my then-80-year-old mother's nail scissors, so all is well.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cammie

I traveled out of the country last week.  In my carry-on luggage, I had an Epi-pen and soynut butter.

They were not interested in the epi-pen, which could incapacitate someone either for a while or forever if I hit the right spot in their neck.

They confiscated the soynut butter.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org