Author Topic: John Kerry Hospitalized After Bike Accident in France  (Read 1282 times)

Online mountaineer

John Kerry Hospitalized After Bike Accident in France
« on: May 31, 2015, 11:25:34 am »
Secretary of State John Kerry (who served in Vietnam) Hospitalized After Bike Accident in France
NBC News
Secretary of State John Kerry was airlifted to a Swiss hospital early Sunday after a cycling accident, the State Department said.

Kerry was in a stable condition after being flown by helicopter to a hospital in Geneva, according to State Department spokesman John Kirby.

"Secretary Kerry is stable and likely suffered a leg injury. He did not lose consciousness," Kirby said.

The cycling accident occurred near Scionzier, France, about 25 miles from Geneva, where Kerry had been holding nuclear talks with Iran's foreign minister, Javad Zarif.

Kirby said paramedics and a physician were in Kerry's motorcade at the time of the accident:shrug:

Kerry was transported to the Hospital University Geneva for X-rays and evaluation.  It was not clear how long the Secretary of State would be in the hospital.

Kerry had planned to travel later Sunday to Madrid for meetings with Spain's king and prime minister, before spending two days in Paris for an international conference on combating the Islamic State, the Associated Press reported.

Bonjour!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: John Kerry Hospitalized After Bike Accident in France
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:23:12 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 12:24:53 pm »
I just wonder if they had the paramedics standing by because they knew he was a lousy cyclist.  :shrug:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 12:45:48 pm »

If The Flash had a dorky older brother...

Next Halloween, I'm dressing up as the Secretary of State...

And what in the world is up with the yellow sleeves (Qu'est-ce que c'est avec les manches jaunes??)

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 01:17:00 pm »
What's up with all the logos? Is he really on a racing team? 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 01:46:48 pm »
Can John F. Kerry walk and chew bubble gum at the same time without injuring himself?

Three purple hearts in less than  three months serving on a BOAT for cyin out loud!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »
Can John F. Kerry walk and chew bubble gum at the same time without injuring himself?

Three purple hearts in less than  three months serving on a BOAT for cyin out loud!

:nometalk:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 02:51:34 pm »

IIRC, one of them as a result of a flying rice kernel becoming shrapnel and embedding his butt cheek.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 03:38:17 pm »
IIRC, one of them as a result of a flying rice kernel becoming shrapnel and embedding his butt cheek.   :whistle:

Unlike the present event, that old injury might have caused Kerry a concussion.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 04:30:43 pm »
Unlike the present event, that old injury might have caused Kerry a concussion.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 05:37:54 pm »
Monsieur Kerry suffered a broken leg, mon dieu!
AP/USA Today:
GENEVA (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry broke his leg in a bicycle crash Sunday, apparently after hitting a curb, and scrapped the rest of a four-nation trip that included an international conference on combating the Islamic State group.

Kerry was in stable condition and in good spirits as he prepared to return to Boston for further treatment with the doctor who previously operated on his hip, U.S. State Department spokesman John Kirby said. He said X-rays at a Swiss hospital confirmed that Kerry fractured his right femur.

"The secretary is stable and never lost consciousness, his injury is not life-threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery," Kirby said in a statement.

Kerry was taken by helicopter to Geneva's main medical center, HUG, after apparently hitting a curb with his bike near Scionzier, France, about 40 kilometers southeast of the Swiss border.

Paramedics and a physician were on the scene with his motorcade at the time and provided him immediate attention. They quickly decided to order the 10-minute-long helicopter transport.

Kerry's cycling rides have become a regular occurrence on his trips. He often takes his bike with him on the plane and was riding that bicycle Sunday.

During discussions in late March and early April between world powers and Iran, he took several bike trips during breaks. Those talks were in Lausanne, Switzerland, and led to a framework agreement.

Kerry had been in Geneva for six hours of meetings with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Saturday as the sides now work to seal a comprehensive accord by June 30.

Kerry regrets not being able to make the rest of his scheduled stops, Kirby said. The top U.S. diplomat had planned to travel later Sunday to Madrid for meetings with Spain's king and prime minister, before spending two days in Paris for an international gathering to combat IS.

He will participate in the Paris conference remotely, Kirby said.

Kerry's decision to seek treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital was made because the fracture is near the site of his prior hip surgery, Kirby said.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 11:28:52 am »
Too bad Kerry is not a horse...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 11:35:32 am »
Too bad Kerry is not a horse...
:laugh:   11513

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 02:36:51 pm »
It was reported this morning that the route Kerry was biking....was a part of the Tour d' France route.

Sure seems to have an awful lot of free time while 'negotiating' with Iran.    :whistle:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 02:44:53 pm »
It was reported this morning that the route Kerry was biking....was a part of the Tour d' France route.

Sure seems to have an awful lot of free time while 'negotiating' with Iran.    :whistle:

Oui DC!  But then, the more time Monsieur Kerry spends playing - the less time he "works".  I think that's a good thing.  Besides, the Iranians probably kicked him out of the "negotiations".

**nononono*

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 03:58:07 pm »
Kerry really is a guy who does not recognize his age.

I am not technically 'old' but even I understand my limitations. I am not in my 20s anymore.

I was at the pool and I started flirting with these pretty girls. There is nothing that will deflate ... an ego ... like being called 'sir', or 'pops', while trying to hit on pretty girls. That really lets you know where you are in life. lol It was all in fun.

I saw a woman at the grocery store who was somewhat overweight and dragging two kids behind her. She was wearing nylon short shorts with the word 'Juicy' written on her butt. That stuck me. There comes a time when you just have to give it up already. That time has passed. Kerry can't seem to grasp the concept.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 04:06:46 pm »
I saw a woman at the grocery store who was somewhat overweight and dragging two kids behind her. She was wearing nylon short shorts with the word 'Juicy' written on her butt. That stuck me. There comes a time when you just have to give it up already. That time has passed. Kerry can't seem to grasp the concept.

Thank you for that lovely mental image.  :3:

On the other hand, maybe if Kerry had one of those to wear in Vietnam, he'd have a real Purple Heart wound to brag about.

Offline cammie

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 05:08:15 pm »
Kerry really is a guy who does not recognize his age.

I am not technically 'old' but even I understand my limitations. I am not in my 20s anymore.

I was at the pool and I started flirting with these pretty girls. There is nothing that will deflate ... an ego ... like being called 'sir', or 'pops', while trying to hit on pretty girls. That really lets you know where you are in life. lol It was all in fun.

*sneaks to closet and buries Juicy Couture sweats*....kidding. I never really wanted my butt to be branded like a cow, even 15 years ago when I was in my 20s...

But on Kerry - broken femur! Ouch!  That's the strongest bone in your body and really painful (and a tough recovery) when it is broken. I remember a hockey player breaking it in a pre-season game a year or two ago.  People said they could hear his screams of pain even up in the cheap seats.  Come to think of it, I felt a little worse for the hockey player than I do for John Kerry.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »
At 71 years, Kerry should have more common sense.

And about those GARMIN logos on his apparel....dollars to donuts, he's getting compensated.  Same as professional golfers.

It's all about the photo-op.

After all, he won't get the same kind of reaction as O'Malley showing off his pecs.   :laugh:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 05:15:31 pm »
Most likely the hip replacement appliance failed which caused him to fall.  They flew the hip doctor to Switzerland to accompany lurch back to the states.  He is being flown back on an air ambulance.
Can you imagine the cost to the taxpayer for this fiasco.   Wonder if Sharpton will be blaming this accident on the Lord, as he did with the Texas floods.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 06:09:39 pm »
At 71 years, Kerry should have more common sense.

And about those GARMIN logos on his apparel....dollars to donuts, he's getting compensated.  Same as professional golfers.
Same as Obama, dressed head-to-toe in Nike garb, swinging Nike golf clubs, etc.

Offline flowers

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 06:37:37 pm »
Same as Obama, dressed head-to-toe in Nike garb, swinging Nike golf clubs, etc.
Yep He and michelle get cash from Nike. They donated heavy to her Lets move.