Author Topic: China unveils the first facial recognition ATM in the world  (Read 685 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://techti.me/2015/05/31/china-unveils-the-first-facial-recognition-atm-in-the-world/

China has just unveiled the first facial recognition ATM machine in the world. The facial recognition ATM won’t let people withdraw cash unless their face is matched with their IDs. The ATM machine has a camera installed on it witch does the task by comparing people’s face with their photo which is stored in its database. The facial ATM was created by Tsinghua University and Hangzhou-based technology company Tzekwan, China’s Xinhua news agency reports. According to reports the machine allows currency exchanges. It also records the serial number of every note deposited by clients to identify fake bank notes. The developers claim that the machine can identify people even if their facial features have changed but didn’t mention how much change, so we don’t know yet what happens if someone had plastic surgery to look like someone else.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates