Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi Paints Marco Rubio as a Bad Catholic  (Read 732 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Pelosi Paints Marco Rubio as a Bad Catholic
« on: May 31, 2015, 12:32:14 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/05/29/nancy-pelosi-paints-mark-rubio-as-a-bad-catholic/

by Dan Riehl29 May 2015Washington, DC1202

Cut through the niceties couching the rhetoric of Democrat House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

on Friday’s MSNBC Live, and it’s hard to interpret otherwise than Pelosi saying Republican Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)

and any other Catholics who might not endorse gay marriage are hateful homophobes out of step with so called “mainstream” Catholics like herself.

Naturally, it’s of no surprise that an MSNBC host conveniently set her up for the opportunity to denounce Rubio, as well as define Catholicism for everyone.

I thoroughly disagree (with Rubio’s opposition to gay marriage), being raised in a Catholic family, raising a Catholic family, mainstream Catholic – well, the Baltimore catechism, to get back to our hometown of Baltimore, was what we were raised on. And I think that this statement by Senator Rubio is most unfortunate. It’s a polarizing statement. The fact is, is that what we’re taught was to respect people in our faith and to say that this endangers mainstream Christian thinking is so completely wrong.

Based upon the above, it would seem the only Catholics Pelosi “respects” are those who agree with her. Yet, she goes on to paint Rubio as the divisive and polarizing one.

And, again, it’s polarizing and I would hope that – perhaps he believes what he says, and I assume that he does – but I hope that we can persuade him differently because the country is going in a completely different direction now. And it’s very, very exciting.

Who needs a Pope when you have Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

She concluded her rant by presuming to speak for the Vatican: “I don’t even think that Pope Francis would subscribe to what Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) just said.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Nancy Pelosi Paints Marco Rubio as a Bad Catholic
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:36:15 pm »
I don't think that Marco is a Catholic anymore..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 01:55:06 pm »
Pope Nancy has spoken, everyone here now can just shut their mouth and fall in line.
The Republic is lost.

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 03:58:07 pm »
If the Catholic church still considers itself Christian then it goes by the bible hopefully and that means Nancy Pelosi is the bad Catholic not Rubio. Nancy has been chastised by the Catholic church in the past haven't heard that Rubio has been so once again Nancy is an idiot with a flapping mouth.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 06:43:25 pm »
Pope Francis opposes gay marriage with every fiber of his being. Pelosi knows that or should know that.

Anyway, someone who favors partial birth abortion is so far out of the Catholic mainstream that she may as well be an Episcopalian.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:26:03 pm »
Asked again and again: Why doesn't the Church excommunicate this witch or, at the very least, publically condemn her and deny her Communion for her misrepresentations of Church doctrine on homosexuality and her support for abortion? The archbishop of her diocese, San Francisco, has a reputation for being staunchly orthodox, but you would never know it from his actions toward her.

The Catholic Church does far more damage to itself by its silence when it comes to the prodeath "Catholic" politicians like Pelosi than it would due to its worries about being called "intolerant". It's making itself look like a collection of spineless wimps in an age where people desperately need firm standards.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 11:45:54 pm »
Asked again and again: Why doesn't the Church excommunicate this witch or, at the very least, publically condemn her and deny her Communion for her misrepresentations of Church doctrine on homosexuality and her support for abortion? The archbishop of her diocese, San Francisco, has a reputation for being staunchly orthodox, but you would never know it from his actions toward her.

The Catholic Church does far more damage to itself by its silence when it comes to the prodeath "Catholic" politicians like Pelosi than it would due to its worries about being called "intolerant". It's making itself look like a collection of spineless wimps in an age where people desperately need firm standards.

I'm one of those who opposes using Holy Communion as a weapon. And excommunication is a specific penalty for a particular action. Until the Pope decides this is something he'll invoke in Italy and other Euro countries,  no US bishop is going to do it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline raml

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 08:46:58 am »
I actually agree with sinkspur on the church not using holy communion or excommunication as punishment unless the pope decides it is necessary. We as Christians need to keep holding our hands and hearts out to lapsing Christians not alienate them. I have seen where the Bishop has rebuked her in the past he is not totally silent on her political stands on abortion and gay marriage. In the long run it is each individual who will have to answer to God some day so we need to keep ourselves in line and not count on others.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 09:52:24 pm »
Accepting Pelosi as a Catholic in good standing is a scandal to the community and an insult to the faithful. At the very least it implies Catholic doctrine is malleable and one can assume any public position, whether in opposition to Church moral teachings or not, and there will be no consequences. Denying her Communion is not a "weapon" but rather the logical result of her own actions.

Moreover, many believe Pelosi, et. alia, has violated Canon Law and excommunicated herself.

Canon 1364 §1: “an apostate from the faith, a heretic, or a schismatic incurs a latae sententiae excommunication.”

The phrase “latae sententiae” means a judgment or sentence which is 'wide' (latae) or widely applied; it refers to a type of excommunication which is automatic. Such a sentence of excommunication is incurred “by the very commission of the offense,” (CCC 2272) and does not require the future particular judgment of a case by competent authority.

http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article78.htm
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.