Author Topic: Chris Kyle's Widow: 'I Proudly Stand With,' Endorse Rick Perry  (Read 917 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=647535

Newsmax
Chris Kyle's Widow: 'I Proudly Stand With,' Endorse Rick Perry
Friday, May 29, 2015 12:52 PM

By: John Blosser

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry has picked up a major endorsement in his apparently planned run for the White House in 2016 from Taya Kyle, widow of the late Navy SEAL Chris Kyle, the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history.

Kyle enthusiastically has endorsed Perry's quest to become president, saying of Perry and his wife, Anita, "I’ve had an up-close view of their humility and commitment to doing the right thing for people regardless of who gets the credit," USA Today reported.

"Believe me, they are a breath of fresh air in a political system full of people playing games and twisting the truth," she said.

She confirmed that she plans to attend Perry's announcement at the Addison, Texas, airport on Thursday, "where I’ll proudly stand with one of the great leaders this state and country have ever produced: Rick Perry."

Taya wrote, "Even though he (Chris Kyle) is gone, this state that shaped his patriotism, integrity and loving spirit reminds us of him at every turn. I tend to keep my political opinions to myself … but this is different.

"I look beyond the sound bites and even minor disagreements to find who has the economic track record and the character it takes to make tough choices in the face of criticism," she said, Breitbart News reported.

Chris Kyle's military heroism resulted in Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signing a proclamation recognizing Feb. 2 as Chris Kyle Day in the Lone Star State, and a hit movie by Clint Eastwood, "American Sniper," based on Kyle's autobiography, Breitbart reported.

Since Kyle was murdered in 2013 by a veteran he was trying to help overcome PTSD, Taya Kyle has worked to promote veterans' causes and authored her own autobiography, "American Wife: Love, War, Faith and Renewal."

Perry praised Kyle at his funeral before 7,000 in attendance at Dallas Cowboys Stadium, saying, "Chris Kyle was the public face of an anonymous breed of American warrior who are handed the hardest missions and assume the largest risks. Chris was among the very best at what he did, and he saved countless American lives in the process.

"Our state and our nation suffered a profound loss with his passing," CBS News reported.

Also expected to be in attendance are retired Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, author of the book, "Lone Survivor," and his wife, Melanie, and retired Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor Recipient Mike Thornton, according to Perry's website, RickPAC.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Chris Kyle's Widow: 'I Proudly Stand With,' Endorse Rick Perry
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 06:53:50 pm »
I think Perry would be a great Commander in Chief!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 03:50:11 am »
I think Perry would be a great Commander in Chief!
Indeed.  He's got everything except the attention of the press.  If he is the last man standing next year I will be a happy Republican.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »
Indeed.  He's got everything except the attention of the press.  If he is the last man standing next year I will be a happy Republican.

Me too.   :beer: