Author Topic: Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State'  (Read 621 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iran-launches-antiisis-cartoon-competition-to-expose-true-nature-of-islamic-state-10275768.html

Iran has launched an anti-Isis cartoon competition, inviting submissions from around the world which mock the militant group and the atrocities it has committed. Organisers said selected works would be displayed at four cultural centres across Tehran, and that a winner would be announced on 31 May. According to the state-run IRNA news agency, artists were briefed by Iran’s House of Cartoon to focus on “the crimes committed by the Islamic State (Isis)”. Mohammad Habibi, the executive secretary of the contest, said 280 works had been selected from 800 submissions, including entries from over 40 countries such as Brazil, Australia and Indonesia. Mr Habibi told the Tehran Times that some foreign cartoonists were attending the contest, but that they had been forced to travel under pseudonyms due to security concerns.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
It will be interesting to see how Iran deals with ISIS.

We surely live in a mad, mad, mad, mad world.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Let Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, Turkey, Jordan etc. handle their own type now, over their.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Let Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran, Turkey, Jordan etc. handle their own type now, over there.

:thumbsup:

No more dead soldiers. Let these people sort their problems out on their own.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:51:04 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates