Author Topic: Just days after seizing Palmyra, Isis massacres 400 people in the ancient city  (Read 448 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/just-days-after-seizing-palmyra-isis-massacres-400-people-in-the-ancient-city-10272934.html

Isis has slaughtered more than 400 mostly women and children in the ancient city of Palmyra, two days after capturing the ancient city. Syrian state television reported the massacre, quoting residents of the city. The state news agency said: "The terrorists have killed more than 400 people.. and mutilated their bodies, under the pretext that they cooperated with the government and did not follow orders." Opposition activists claimed that hundreds of bodies littered the streets. They said that many of the victims were from groups or families loyal to the government. Amongst the dead were state employees - including the head of the nursing department at the city hospital, and all of her family members. Isis supporters released videos of militants searching government buildings, looking for victims and pulling down pictures of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad and his father. Palmyra, a city of 50,000 people is known for its world-famous Roman ruins, including well-preserved temples, colonnades, and a theatre. Fears are growing that the group will destroy these priceless remains, given their past record.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is just a little 'setback'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Palmyra is a beautiful ancient city, soon it will be ruins.  If we stay on this course - soon many cities all around the world will lie in ruins. 

8888crybaby

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!