Author Topic: Obama: Saudis Trust Me Too Much to Get Nukes  (Read 1507 times)

rangerrebew

Obama: Saudis Trust Me Too Much to Get Nukes
« on: May 24, 2015, 09:28:09 am »
- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Obama: Saudis Trust Me Too Much to Get Nukes

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On May 23, 2015 @ 2:38 pm In The Point | 10 Comments

obama-bows-to-saudi-king [1]

Whom are you going to believe, Obama or your lying ears?

Obama: There’s been talk in the media, unsourced—

Goldberg: Well, [Saudi Arabia’s] Prince Turki said it publicly—

Obama: Well, he’s not in the government. There has been no indication from the Saudis or any other [Gulf Cooperation Council] countries that they have an intention to pursue their own nuclear program. Part of the reason why they would not pursue their own nuclear program—assuming that we have been successful in preventing Iran from continuing down the path of obtaining a nuclear weapon—is that the protection that we provide as their partner is a far greater deterrent than they could ever hope to achieve by developing their own nuclear stockpile or trying to achieve breakout capacity when it comes to nuclear weapons, and they understand that.

The unsourced media talk comes from obscure right-wing outlets like the New York Times, CNN and the Sunday Times.

Here’s the position that the Saudi ambassador took  [2]on the topic.

“This is not something we would discuss publicly,” Ambassador Adel Al-Jubeir said on “The Situation Room.” Later, when pressed, he said, “This is not something that I can comment on, nor would I comment on.”

He added, “But the kingdom of Saudi Arabia will take whatever measures are necessary in order to protect its security. There are two things over which we do not negotiate: our faith and our security.”

No indication at all. Not a single indication [3].

“We can’t sit back and be nowhere as Iran is allowed to retain much of its capability and amass its research,” one of the Arab leaders preparing to meet Mr. Obama said on Monday, declining to be named until he made his case directly to the president.

Who are you going to believe, Obama or Obama?

When President Obama began making the case for a deal with Iran that would delay its ability to assemble an atomic weapon, his first argument was that a nuclear-armed Iran would set off a “free-for-all” of proliferation in the Arab world. “It is almost certain that other players in the region would feel it necessary to get their own nuclear weapons,” he said in 2012.

But come on, there’s a treaty.

A U.S. State Department official noted Tuesday that Saudi Arabia is a signatory of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.

“It has committed never to acquire nuclear weapons, and to apply full international safeguards to all peaceful nuclear activities,” the official said. “We attach great importance to Saudi Arabia’s continued implementation of these commitments.”

Almost as much as to Iran’s commitments.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/obama-saudis-trust-me-too-much-to-get-nukes/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Obama: Saudis Trust Me Too Much to Get Nukes
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 11:56:55 am »
A U.S. State Department official noted Tuesday that Saudi Arabia is a signatory of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.

They signed the Universal declaration of Human Rights too. How's that working out?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 04:28:14 pm »
That is why they showed up at your Camp David summit.................................oh wait.  :smokin:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 05:06:56 pm »
You have to be kidding me.

The confusing thing about Obama is I can't figure out if he and his staff are retarded, or if they think we are retarded.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 06:23:37 pm »
You have to be kidding me.

The confusing thing about Obama is I can't figure out if he and his staff are retarded, or if they think we are retarded.
They are insane and think we are retarded.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 06:37:26 pm »
I would bet good money that the Saudis already have nukes.
And Jordan, Turkey, and Egypt are right behind them.

F**k Obama, and his stupid ass 'rules'. Badges!? We don't need no stinking 'badges'.

Obama's idea is that only Iran will have nuclear weapons, and no one else. Well, that is a dream, a fantasy, that is never going to happen in reality.

This is "reality" we are talking about here. This is not some stupid PC game.
Obama keeps changing the rules. And everyone adapts to compensate.

Iran is going to get more than they wished for before this is over.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 10:23:41 pm »
No leader in their right mind would make that statement about most countries much less Saudi Arabia so obviously Obama is not in his right mind. He does believe the citizens of this country are stupid after all the country did vote him in twice with him not having a lick of experience in anything even after his first very very bad 4 years.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 12:03:00 am »
No leader in their right mind would make that statement about most countries much less Saudi Arabia so obviously Obama is not in his right mind. He does believe the citizens of this country are stupid after all the country did vote him in twice with him not having a lick of experience in anything even after his first very very bad 4 years.

That's the key phrase "no leader in his right mind" ...  :beer:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 12:06:25 am »
I don't any nation trusts Obama anymore..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 07:02:40 pm »
Any friend of Obama is no friend of this nation. :nono:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 07:17:04 pm »
Delusional.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 07:49:55 pm »
Delusional.....

Perhaps, but we will all pay the price for Obama's delusions. As well as for his arrogance. And his hubris. And his obstincacy. And his economic illiteracy. And his dishonesty. And....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Relic

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 08:04:20 pm »

Perhaps, but we will all pay the price for Obama's delusions. As well as for his arrogance. And his hubris. And his obstincacy. And his economic illiteracy. And his dishonesty. And....

Never forget that it's the media's collusion and the public's apathy are the root cause. Obama is the symptom.