Author Topic: Chris Rock: White Kids Never Get Shot By Cops  (Read 918 times)

rangerrebew

Chris Rock: White Kids Never Get Shot By Cops
« on: May 21, 2015, 02:11:56 pm »

Chris Rock: White Kids Never Get Shot By Cops

05.12.2015 | Alicia Powe | 16

Actor-comedian Chris Rock sounded off about race and police ‘brutality’ against young black men, during an interview with The Guardian last week.

“It’s not that it’s gotten worse, it’s just that it’s part of the 24-hour news cycle. What’s weird is that it never happens to white kids,” Rock said. “There’s no evidence that white youngsters are any less belligerent, you know? We can go to any Wall Street bar and they are way bigger assholes than in any other black bar. But will I see cops stop shooting black kids in my lifetime? Probably not.”

Rock later explained he was happy to have daughters instead of sons because girls don’t have to worry about getting beat up by the cops.

“Girls have their own things to worry about,” he said, “ but [getting beaten up by the police] is just not a thing that generally happens to girls.”

Rock believes the fact that there’s a black family in the White House affects white people’s kids rather than black kids.

“It’s white people who have made progress,” he said. “To call it black progress suggests we deserved everything that happened to us: the kids my kids grow up with won’t have a hard time picturing my daughters in an executive capacity — that’s progress, you know what I mean?”

Rock believes police violence is just a part of everyday life for young black men and has started documenting each time he has been stopped by the police while driving on social media.

“I’ve always been stopped by the cops. Cops stop black guys who drive nice cars,” he said.

Rock said he was surprised that the police officers in Baltimore were charged with the manslaughter and murder of Freddie Gray.

“I am kinda surprised, and you know, unfortunately it may have something to do with the black mayor and the black police chief and all that stuff. But, hey, charged and convicted are different – so we’ll see.”

A majority of Americans now say that President Obama hasn’t worked to improve relations between whites and blacks, but Rock is still an Obama supporter.

“Oh yeah – he’s been good,” Rock said. “Great, even. He wasn’t going to solve America, but the country was off the rails and he was like Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross, you know? He really sorted shit out.”

Flashback: Perhaps Chris Rock should revisit his old material as he searches for answers on how to end what he calls police brutality?

Read more at http://dailysurge.com/2015/05/chris-rock-white-kids-never-get-shot-by-cops/

Offline PzLdr

Re: Chris Rock: White Kids Never Get Shot By Cops
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:36:45 pm »
Because they tend to obey the law more?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 02:41:53 pm »
Liberals lie.  It's what they do.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/27/white-teen-gilbert-collar-killed-by-black-cop-trev/?page=all

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 02:51:13 pm »
Leftists send out a meme and every loyal automaton follows suit.

The facts be damned, we've got a 'message' to tell the world......

Oy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:55:41 pm »
Choices/Consequences

Cause/Effect

Just a couple relationships the Left wishes to eliminate or manipulate.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 03:30:03 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 03:42:12 pm »
Leftists send out a meme and every loyal automaton follows suit.

The facts be damned, we've got a 'message' to tell the world......

Oy.

Most leftists below the elitist level are pretty much incapable of thinking for themselves.  They rely on talking points to be able to try to justify their blind obedience to people that claim to be there to "help" them. 

Most leftists innately believe that they are incapable of taking care of themselves.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!