Author Topic: Democrat Refers to Native Americans by Putting Hand Over Mouth and Whooping!  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

Democrat Refers to Native Americans by Putting Hand Over Mouth and Whooping!

By Onan Coca   / 19 May 2015   / 13 Comments   

Oh boy.

California Democrat Loretta Sanchez may have just stepped into a whole heap of trouble by being just a wee bit un-PC when she was addressing a crowd of Indian-Americans at a California steakhouse. Sanchez was telling a story to the Indian (as in from the Indian subcontinent) crowd about receiving a call from another Indian-American about wanting to support her, but the funny part of the story was that she thought she was speaking with a Native American (Indian)… which is when she describes him by putting her hand in front of her mouth and whopping.

I kid you not.

The Sacramento Bee sets the scene for us

In a video shown to The Sacramento Bee and posted online shortly after, Sanchez, D-Santa Ana, describes a pending meeting she had with an East Indian.

“I am going to his office, thinking that I am going to meet with a,” she said, holding her hand in front of her mouth and making an echo sound. “Right? ... because he said Indian American.

(The uncomfortable culminated at about 40 seconds…)

Her opponent in the Democrat primary race to replace retiring Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Attorney General Kamala Harris, was quick to jump on the faux-pas saying, “It is shocking and there is no place for that in our public discourse.”

I personally think it’s hilarious.

Of course this kind of thing would happen to a politician. They are constantly meeting with different constituencies, and out West you are likely to have calls from both Native American lobbyists and Indian-American lobbyists… so the story is totally possible and a bit funny. Sanchez’s problem is that as she recounts the story she throws in the incredibly un-PC “Indian War Whoop,” which she obviously means no offense in using. However, in our modern day and age of people constantly being offended by ridiculous stuff… of course the media will act like this was a major racist affront.

This is what happens when political correctness runs amok… and it’s really kind of sad.

So, will this hurt Sanchez long term? Maybe. Kamala Harris is already a formidable opponent in the primary with liberal Californians lining up to support the popular progressive up and comer. Missteps like this are the kind of thing that could turn a tight race like this one, and Sanchez had better be careful if she wants to be the Democrat standard bearer come 2016

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/18623/democrat-refers-to-native-americans-by-putting-hand-over-mouth-and-whooping/#5em65Uw2RbFZyVxw.99