Author Topic: Rove not ready to endorse Jeb  (Read 365 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rove not ready to endorse Jeb
« on: May 15, 2015, 04:32:43 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/242189-rove-not-ready-to-endorse-jeb

May 15, 2015, 09:49 am
Rove not ready to endorse Jeb

By Jesse Byrnes

Karl Rove said Friday that he is not ready to support any Republican for the White House, including Jeb Bush.

“I'm not planning to endorse anybody. I'm watching. I want to win,” Rove, a longtime adviser to former President George W. Bush, said on NBC's “Today” show when asked if he would endorse the former Florida governor's expected presidential campaign.

“I'm months away from making my own decision,” Rove said, adding he'd like all prospective candidates to get into the race to see how they perform on the campaign trail and in GOP debates. 

Rove has noted that the 2016 presidential race is unlikely to have a front-runner anytime soon as likely candidate prepare for the Iowa caucuses early next year.

Bush, who had a tough week answering questions about his position on his brother's Iraq War legacy, is expected to join a crowded GOP presidential field soon. There are upwards of two dozen potential candidates for the GOP nomination.

“I have a long friendship with the family and a long friendship with Jeb,” Rove said. “But I'm like a lot of people sitting on the sidelines, watching and waiting.”
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:51:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Rove not ready to endorse Jeb
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 01:14:14 am »
I doubt Jeb wants Rove's endorsement.