Author Topic: Whom would you pick to moderate the Republican debates?  (Read 431 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/05/whom_would_you_pick_to_moderate_the_republican_debates.html#ixzz3aCD7Cn48

May 15, 2015
Whom would you pick to moderate the Republican debates?
By Newsmachete

The surprising thing isn't that George Stephanopoulos donated to Hillary's charity/slush fund and didn't tell anyone about it.  The really surprising thing is that Republicans continue to pick debate moderators who are clearly liberals.  Regardless of whom George did or did not donate to, we know what side he's on.

My radical suggestion is to pick debate moderators who are either conservatives or clearly impartial, who won't ask gotcha questions akin to "Why do Republicans hate the poor?"

Here is my list of suggested moderators:

1) Mark Levin.  He's very tough on his radio show, but when he interviews people he's a gentleman, and he knows more than most people have forgotten.

2) Brit Hume/Bret Baier.  Both scholarly, thoughtful journalists who won't ask "when did you stop beating your wife" questions.

3) Megyn Kelly.  She's aggressive but not partisan, and we need some of that.  If a candidate gives an obvious non-answer, or a lie, I'd like her to be there to chase that candidate.

4) Dr. Thomas Lifson.  An expert in so many subjects, how could a panel of moderators not include him without being at a loss for expertise?

5) Michael Savage.  Ha ha, just kidding.  Just want to be sure you're still reading!

6) Brian Lamb.  The former C-SPAN host.  He's very impartial.  If he's still alive, thaw him, wheel him out, and force him to moderate.

7) John Bolton.  He has free time now, and he's an expert on foreign policy.

8) Matt Drudge.  I don't know his politics, exactly, but I am sure he would ask provocative questions.

You may have noticed whom I didn't put on the list.  Not Rush Limbaugh, who seems to have a tingling in his pants for Marco Rubio.  Not Sean Hannity, not Glenn Beck, not O'Reilly, not even Greta.  I looked for people who are solid conservatives or at least who are neutral, who would be fair but could ask provocative questions.  Whom would you like to see moderate the debates?

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34