Author Topic: How Obama Became the Castros’ New Patron  (Read 548 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Obama Became the Castros’ New Patron
« on: May 14, 2015, 12:37:52 pm »
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/418326/print

How Obama Became the Castros’ New Patron
From the May 18, 2015, issue of NR
By James Kirchick — May 14, 2015

Havana — I’ve visited more than my fair share of dictatorships, but Cuba is the only one where travelers at the airport must pass through a metal detector upon entering, in addition to leaving, the country. Immediately after clearing customs at José Marti International Airport, visitors line up for a security check. Anyone found carrying contraband — counterrevolutionary books, say, or a spare laptop that might be given to a Cuban citizen — could find himself susceptible to deportation.

Contrary to popular conception, traveling to Cuba as an American was not difficult before President Barack Obama’s announcement last December of “the most significant changes in our policy in more than 50 years.” All anyone had to do was transit through a third country and not disclose his visit to Cuba upon reentering through U.S. customs. It was the aura of the embargo that dissuaded Americans. Moreover, there have long been myriad legal exceptions for Americans to travel to Cuba: They merely had to obtain a license from the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) under one of twelve broad, rather vague, permitted categories, such as “educational” and “research.” “Tourism” as such was and remains prohibited. But since January, travelers to Cuba need not obtain any OFAC license at all. This essentially means that any American who wants to venture to Cuba, including those who plan to do nothing but sit on the beach all day and dance salsa all night, are now free to do so.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: How Obama Became the Castros’ New Patron
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 01:48:59 am »
There's nothing here that requires in-depth analysis.

He's a communist, plain and simple.

Birds of a feather...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: How Obama Became the Castros’ New Patron
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:22:53 am »
There's nothing here that requires in-depth analysis.

He's a communist, plain and simple.

Birds of a feather...

I agree. Obama is stuck in the 60s. He really is in every way.

Black Power! Communist! Che Guevara!

It is like going back in time.

Whomever or whatever group did a number on him, they got it right.
He is seriously brainwashed. I think Obama thinks he is living in the 60s.

I am not sure he knows the difference.

I almost do not disagree with normalizing Cuba. But to do it by edict, with no explanation, no discussion, no concessions, no negotiations at all, is weird.

*I* have decided to normalize relations with Cuba. And therefore, it is! So let it be written. So let it be done!

Reminds of the war on Libya.

This Obama cat is one strange dude. He is messed up. There is something seriously wrong with him. Something happened to him during his life that warped his mind.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.