Author Topic: Report: King of Bahrain skips President Obama meeting for horse show  (Read 842 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :whistle:

The king of Bahrain has apparently snubbed President Barack Obama to attend a horse show with Queen Elizabeth.

According to Reuters, King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa has elected to attend the Royal Windsor Horse Show, which begins Wednesday, at Windsor Castle outside London.

Obama had invited the leaders of the six Gulf Cooperation Council nations — Bahrain, Oman, the UAE, Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia — to discuss regional security and other issues at a Camp David summit this week.

But Saudi King Salman announced Sunday that he would send a surrogate instead of attending himself, joining the leaders of the UAE and Oman, who have cited health concerns in their decisions not to attend. The Bahraini king’s decision not to attend was reported earlier this week, though his trip to the United Kingdom was first announced Wednesday.

Analysts have pointed to a growing rift between the Obama administration and the Gulf’s Sunni states over the emerging nuclear deal with Iran as a chief reason for the snub, though the Saudi king, as well as his Bahraini counterpart, have denied such assertions.

Bahrain’s official news agency reported that the country’s foreign minister identified the horse show and subsequent meeting with the queen as “a longstanding prior engagement” that necessitated the king’s absence from the Camp David summit.

The leader of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, met with the English royal at the Royal Ascot horse race but elected to fly to Washington to attend the meeting with Obama afterward.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/bahrain-king-skips-obama-meeting-horse-show-117899.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LMAO...no one has any respect for Obama
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is a natural consequence of Obama's behavior over the past years. Obama has a problem showing anyone any respect.

When he was first elected, because he is STUPID, he thought he was the King of the World. Everyone and every country was below him and would automatically do his bidding. This is why he does not negotiate. He feels he should not have to. This is below him. I am the all-knowing, and you shall obey me!

We can start with his snubbing of Britain by sending back the bust of Churchill, which to him was just some old White dude. Followed by his giving the Queen of England an MP3 player loaded with all his speeches.

Then we have Obama snubbing openly and directly PM Netenyahu by interrupting a meeting between them so he could go have dinner, forcing the Israelis to wait for him alone until he finished eating.

Then we have his famous habit of showing up either late or not at all to any international gathering or meeting of leaders. He has a habit of setting up the international summits as if it is really all about him, and all the other leaders are there merely as background to him.

Then we have numerous instances of him being openly abusive to other leaders, instead of being suave, charming, and persuasive. For example, there reports that he openly berated in a very mocking and derisive way, Putin and several African leaders for their stance on homosexuality.

Bottom line is Obama is a punk, who has NO foreign relations or diplomatic qualifications whatsoever. Other leaders of the World 'tolerated' his gauche and obnoxious behavior because they thought they may be able to benefit from him. But now that he has proven himself many times over to be completely and entirely untrustworthy, then there is no more need to put up with his sophomoric arrogance.

There is no point to talking to, or making any 'deal', with Obama, because nothing he says has any credibility. He habitually does the exact opposite of what he says. He is well known as a liar and a backstabber. Who wants to deal with someone like that? Nobody. Obama is a waste of time.

To get respect you first have to give respect. Obama respects no one, including God. The only thing Obama respects is himself. And so, the world in recognizing that has granted him the leeway he deserves and demands to be the King of the Universe. The only catch they have put on it is that he has to do it alone, by himself.

Then he can be as late as he wants to be to all the dinners and meetings. And he can strut around and give his endless arrogant, condescending, lectures on life, the universe, and everything, to a mirror. Because everyone else is sick of it.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:03:58 am by mystery-ak »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 :hands:

*girl beer* Not just one beer - ALL of the beers.

Your post should be carved in stone for all time to see.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Concur completely!   Bravo!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The strangest part is that after all of his haughty, incredibly arrogant, and sometime abusive behavior toward other world leaders, he now sulks around whining, "Why does nobody like me?"

"I don't get it. Why don't I have any friends?"

The man really is, and I mean in a serious way, he is mentally disturbed in a clinical sense of the term.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.