Author Topic: The Hollywood Left Won’t Be Happy With Denzel Washington’s Commencement Speech  (Read 455 times)

rangerrebew

The Hollywood Left Won’t Be Happy With Denzel Washington’s Commencement Speech

By Rachel Mullen |  13,277 views

Generated by IJG JPEG

Denzel Washington delivered the commencement address at Dillard University this past weekend. The actor’s speech was inspiring and reminded graduates to thank God for their blessings.

As Huffington Post notes, Washington broke up his speech into four key themes.

1. Put God first: “Everything that I have is by the grace of God, understand that. It’s a gift. … I didn’t always stick with Him, but He stuck with me.”

2. Fail big: “Don’t be afraid to fail big, to dream big, but remember, dreams without goals, are just dreams. And they ultimately fuel disappointment. … I try to give myself a goal every day, sometimes it’s just not to curse somebody out.”

3. You’ll never see a U-Haul behind a hearse: “I don’t care how much money you make, you can’t take it with you. … It’s not how much you have, it’s what you do with it.”

4. While you’re on your knees in the morning, say thank you: “Say thank you in advance for what is already yours. … True desire in the heart for anything good is God’s proof to you sent beforehand that it’s already yours… When you get it, reach back, pull someone else up. Each one, teach one. Don’t just aspire to make a living, aspire to make a difference.”

The commencement address was in stark contrast to the one given by Michelle Obama at Tuskegee University in which she highlighted the challenges of her life as First Lady. Denzel Washington’s encouraging and thankful words were well received by the graduates of the New Orleans college.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/hollywood-left-not-happy-with-denzel-washington/#ixzz3a19qFAKa