Author Topic: URGENT REPORT: DoD Raises Threat Level on US Military Bases Citing Jihadist Threat  (Read 534 times)

rangerrebew

URGENT REPORT: DoD Raises Threat Level on US Military Bases Citing Jihadist Threat

By TPIWriter |  8,519 views

threat

On Thursday night, the Department of Defense (DoD) increased the force protection threat level of US military bases from Alpha to Bravo. Military and other federal installations follow this threat level system – the Force Protection Condition or FPCON – which is administered by the DoD. Bravo is considered a “medium” threat and indicates a credible threat exists – although the threat may not be imminent. This is the highest our FPCON level has been since the 10 year anniversary of the September 11th attacks in 2011. This chart explains the various threat levels:

The change in threat level came after FBI Director James Comey said, “I know there are other Elton Simpsons out there.”  He went on to tell reporters, “We have a general concern, obviously, that ISIL is focusing on the uniformed military and law enforcement.”

The spokesman for NORTHCOM, the Unified Combatant Command tasked as the primary defender against a mainland invasion of the United States, said, “We have the same concern about the potential threat posed by violent homegrown extremists.”

For military personnel and their families, this will mean stiffer security measures when entering installations such as 100% identity checks and an increase in vehicle inspections.

For all Americans, this means we must remain aware of our surroundings and diligent in protecting our homes, our families, and our fellow citizens.

Here is the Fox News Report on this threat:

Would any liberals like to make an argument against our right as Americans to bear arms? The rest of us have known for some time that our lack of border security would lead to increased homegrown threats. If the threat exists on US soil, how is that not imminent? That threat is real to me, my family, my neighbors, my country. One might question how bad things must be for the DoD to finally acknowledge this threat publicly.

Sound off below with your thoughts on this threat. Do you agree with how it’s being handled? What about our Commander-in-Chief?

H/T: The Washington Times

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/urgent-report-dod-raises-threat-level-on-us-military-bases-citing-jihadist-threat/#ixzz3ZqXQbbMr
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:03:50 pm by rangerrebew »