Author Topic: Dallas Man Takes On Post Office For What It Did To The American Flag  (Read 331 times)

rangerrebew

Dallas Man Takes On Post Office For What It Did To The American Flag

He said such a mistake is "unacceptable."

B. Christopher Agee May 8, 2015 at 5:07pm

When Rick Yarber visited his local post office Wednesday, he noticed something unnerving about the banner hanging from its flagpole. The U.S. flag, he told KXAS, was flying upside down.

“Oh, it made me mad,” he recalled. “I was angry about it.”

In an apparent reference to the controversial #EricSheppardChallenge, which encourages participants to stomp on the U.S. flag, Yarber explained that the Stars and Stripes have been under increased attack lately.

“I was ticked off,” he said. “After everything that’s going on in the news with the different challenges on the flag and the disrespect to the flag, it’s unacceptable.”

He reportedly informed the post office staff of the botched display; and, according to a statement by the U.S. Postal Service, the issue was resolved immediately.

“There was no intent by the postal service to disrespect the American flag, as it was hoisted upside down today, at the Dallas Beverly Hills Station,” the statement read. “After local management was informed, it was immediately corrected. To all of our customers, we apologize for this unfortunate mishap.”

A KXAS reporter confirmed that when a news crew arrived at the post office to cover the story, the flag was already flying correctly.

While there is no reason to assume the post office intentionally hoisted the flag upside down, Yarber said such a mistake is inexcusable.

“You know, there’s been a lot of men and women die to protect that flag and what it stands for in this country,” he said. “And I’m sorry, a government agency is going to fly it upside down? Really?”

http://www.westernjournalism.com/dallas-man-takes-on-post-office-for-what-it-did-to-the-american-flag/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:23:25 pm by rangerrebew »