Author Topic: Rand Paul: I'm Only Candidate Defending 'Entire Bill of Rights'  (Read 427 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=643747

Newsmax
Rand Paul: I'm Only Candidate Defending 'Entire Bill of Rights'
Sunday, May 10, 2015 05:16 PM

By: Greg Richter

Sen. Rand Paul says he is the only presidential candidate defending the entire Bill of Rights.

"I’m probably the only Republican in the race who thinks that the government shouldn’t be collecting all of our phone records without a warrant," the Kentucky Senator said Sunday on "The Cats Roundtable" on AM 970 in New York. He's also one of the few in the race who thinks that although America needs to defend itself, "sometimes being involved in foreign war doesn’t help us," he said.

"And I’m one of the few who thinks we need to talk about defending the entire Bill of Rights, not just a couple of ones cherry-picked here and there," he told host John Catsimatidis.

Paul has a strong libertarian background, inherited from his father, former Rep. Ron Paul, who ran for president in past election cycles.

"I want to be part of the leave-me-alone coalition," Rand Paul said, "which basically says if you’re not hurting anybody, the government, particularly the federal government, ought to stay out of your life."

As for likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, Paul said her actions as secretary of state, particularly the war in Libya, have made the area "less safe."

"It made it a hotbed for jihadists," he said. "And, in fact, I think Libya now is a jihadist wonderland. And it was a big mistake for us to go in there in the first place, because a lot of times when we topple secular dictators, we’ve gotten chaos and then we’ve gotten the rise of radical Islam."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Rand Paul: I'm Only Candidate Defending 'Entire Bill of Rights'
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 10:55:32 pm »
Rand Paul will NOT be elected President., in my view. For every voter he attracts with his naïve suicidal view of our "rights" he will lose more than one that is a realistic proponent of national security sanity.

Two consecutive Presidents from opposing parties, upon learned advice from highly respected Constitutional experts, determined the responsibility to protect citizens, stood above the naïve idea of privacy of every aspect of their lives.

From the start the Islamic terrorists planned and depended that Americans would be tied up in knots, over a suicidal tendency get caught up in legalistic niceties.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln