Author Topic: 2 Mississippi officers fatally shot; suspect being sought  (Read 1300 times)

Offline mrclose

2 Mississippi officers fatally shot; suspect being sought
« on: May 10, 2015, 05:29:37 am »
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — A coroner says two Mississippi police officers have died after being shot in the line of duty.

Forrest County Coroner Butch Benedict told the Jackson Clarion-Ledger (http://on.thec-l.com/1GWpqRp ) Saturday night that both Hattiesburg officers had died. They’d been taken to the hospital, and it wasn’t immediately clear if they died there or earlier.

Hattiesburg Mayor Johnny DuPree says authorities are searching for the suspect. He’s urging residents to stay inside their homes during the search.

The newspaper reports these are the first Hattiesburg officers to die in the line of duty in 30 years.

http://wtop.com/national/2015/05/officials-2-mississippi-police-officers-shot-1-fatally/

(update)

Police are looking for two suspects wanted in connection with this double homicide.

Police are looking for Curtis Banks and Marvin Banks.

It is unknown whether or not they are still in the area. If you see either of these two suspects call 911 immediately.

May be related .. No link as yet.
Breaking News Feed 2 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: 2nd shooting: 2 people shot on I-20 W. near Flowers Exit In Mississippi as Manhunt Continues For Cop Killer

Officers names are Liquori Tate....Benjamin Deen.

2 females found them on the ground....one asked “AM I DYING?...I KNOW I'M DYING....JUST HAND ME MY WALKIE TALKIE”

PERPS
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:11:48 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline mrclose

Re: 2 Mississippi officers fatally shot; suspect being sought
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 06:18:21 am »
Because my editing of my post was starting to confuse .. even me, I am breaking the rules (this once) and bumping for important info.

Officers names are Liquori Tate....Benjamin Deen.

2 females found them on the ground....one asked “AM I DYING?...I KNOW I'M DYING....JUST HAND ME MY WALKIE TALKIE”
~ Self

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 12:58:05 pm »
Update:

3 arrested in murders of 2 Mississippi police officers during traffic stop.
The shooting death of two Mississippi police officers Saturday night during a traffic stop in Hattiesburg prompted a statewide manhunt that led to the arrests of three suspects, according to officials.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/10/2-mississippi-police-officers-dead-after-shootings-coroner-says/

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 01:43:12 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075250/Officials-2-Mississippi-police-officers-shot-1-fatally.html

Rookie and 'officer of the year' shot dead in cold blood: Couple and brother arrested for murder of two Mississippi cops after traffic stop; officer on the ground said 'I'm dying' as he tried to raise alarm

Officers Benjamin Deen, 34, and Liquori Tate, 25 were shot and killed Saturday night in Hattiesburg.
By Sunday, police captured Marvin Banks, 29, his 22-year-old girlfriend Joanie Calloway and Banks' 26-year-old brother, Curtis Banks
Marvin Banks and Calloway  have each been charged with two counts of capital murder.
Curtis Banks has been charged as an accessory.   
It has been 30 years since a city officer was killed in the line of duty.

By EVAN BLEIER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS

Charged: Marvin Banks (left), 29, and his 22-year-old girlfriend Joanie Calloway were charged with two counts of capital murder in the deaths of two Hattiesburg, Mississippi cops shot during a Saturday night traffic stop

Officer Liquori Tate

Officer Benjamin Deen
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »
...and it 'only' May.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:37:55 pm »
What is it, open season on cops? What's going on here?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 02:41:30 pm »

Policy failure, rhetoric of politicos (White House on down), readily enabling media, pseudo-intellectual commentary, and campus indoctrination for starters.  And that is true for:

(Start list here)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 03:26:56 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mrclose

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 07:39:18 pm »

~ Self

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 07:48:10 pm »

Terrorism.

Let's be brave and draw some cartoons of Little Black Sambo and put on a a minstrel show in Springfield, Missouri (population 89.1% white) to confront the problem.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »
Subway faces backlash after worker cheers deaths of 2 cops
A suspected Subway sandwich store employee has sparked outrage with tasteless social media posts celebrating Saturday’s killing of two Mississippi cops.

“2 police officers was shot in hattiesburg tonight.!” cheered Sierra “C-Babi” Mccurdy, in a message posted overnight.

“We can turn this bxtch into Baltimore real quick,” she posted on Facebook. “Police take away innocent people lives everyday now & get away w/ it, fxck them…[no mercy].”

http://nypost.com/2015/05/10/subway-faces-backlash-after-worker-cheers-deaths-of-2-cops/

~ Self

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 02:31:45 am »
The question is whether this employee represents a tiny minority, or a more sizable cohort of the black population? Did she have the temerity to say what many others feel?

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 04:16:21 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075250/Officials-2-Mississippi-police-officers-shot-1-fatally.html

Rookie and 'officer of the year' shot dead in cold blood: Couple and brother arrested for murder of two Mississippi cops after traffic stop; officer on the ground said 'I'm dying' as he tried to raise alarm

Officers Benjamin Deen, 34, and Liquori Tate, 25 were shot and killed Saturday night in Hattiesburg.
By Sunday, police captured Marvin Banks, 29, his 22-year-old girlfriend Joanie Calloway and Banks' 26-year-old brother, Curtis Banks
Marvin Banks and Calloway  have each been charged with two counts of capital murder.
Curtis Banks has been charged as an accessory.   
It has been 30 years since a city officer was killed in the line of duty.

By EVAN BLEIER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and ASSOCIATED PRESS

Charged: Marvin Banks (left), 29, and his 22-year-old girlfriend Joanie Calloway were charged with two counts of capital murder in the deaths of two Hattiesburg, Mississippi cops shot during a Saturday night traffic stop

Officer Liquori Tate

Officer Benjamin Deen
I thought both cops where white. Wow it is open season.