Author Topic: Natalie Portman to play Justice Ginsburg  (Read 653 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Natalie Portman to play Justice Ginsburg
« on: May 09, 2015, 01:28:31 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/241518-natalie-portman-to-play-justice-ginsburg

May 08, 2015, 06:44 pm
Natalie Portman to play Justice Ginsburg

By Mark Hensch

Actress Natalie Portman will portray Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in an upcoming biopic.

“On the Basis of Sex” will document Ginsburg’s battle for equal rights throughout her career, Deadline said Friday.

Director Marielle Heller (“The Diary of a Teenage Girl”) is in talks to guide the flick as it enters production around the end of 2015.

The film's script appeared on the 2014 Black List, which is reserved for "the most liked" screenplays that for various reasons remain unproduced.

The announcement comes after Time magazine labeled Ginsburg an “Icon” in its Time 100 rankings earlier this year.

Ginsburg first joined the Supreme Court in 1993 following her appointment by then-President Clinton.

She is the nation’s first Jewish female Justice, and only its second woman after Sandra Day O’Connor.

Ginsburg predicted that the Supreme Court would eventually approve same-sex marriages last February.

Her remarks inspired debate as the justices weigh the matter for a ruling due in June.

“I think it’s doubtful that it wouldn’t be accepted, the change in people’s attitudes on that issue has been enormous,” she said on Feb. 12.

The liberal-leaning justice also underwent a heart procedure late last year.

Ginsburg, 81, said she would remain in her seat following concerns over her health after the surgery.

“As long as I can do the job full steam…I think I’ll recognize when the time comes that I can’t any longer,” she said prior to the procedure. “But now I can.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Natalie Portman to play Justice Ginsburg
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 01:51:56 pm »
Great casting,,dont'cha think..... :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 02:15:41 pm »
Anakin will not be pleased...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 04:19:44 pm »
Ruth Buzzi not available?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org