Author Topic: Humiliation for Obama's election guru in his last campaign: David Axelrod sees Labour shellacked after selling them his advice for nearly $500,000 (then blames the pollsters)  (Read 490 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3073694/Humiliation-Obama-s-election-guru-campaign-David-Axelrod-sees-Labour-shellacked-selling-advice-nearly-500-000-blames-pollsters.html

Humiliation for Obama's election guru in his last campaign: David Axelrod sees Labour shellacked after selling them his advice for nearly $500,000 (then blames the pollsters)

High-stakes match-up between two former Obama advisers ended in defeat today for David Axelrod as the UK's Labour party was bested by the Tories
    Adviser to the winning Conservative party, Jim Messina, was the brains behind U.S. President Barack Obama's successful 2012 re-election
    Axelrod was chief adviser to Obama on his 2008 and 2012 campaigns
    Election outcome is Axelrod's last - 'I’m done with American campaigns. Done with campaigns anywhere' - after a series of gaffes
    And Nate Silver, who was famed for predicting three presidential elections, was completely wrong in his forecast
    Today he was reduced to saying 'all polling' had a problem - and Axelrod blamed the polls too saying they were a 'stark...failure'

By Francesca Chambers For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:43 EST, 8 May 2015 | Updated: 12:47 EST, 8 May 2015

President Obama's campaign mastermind suffered a humiliating end to his political career today as the British Labour party he was paid almost $500,000 to help to victory plunged to a catastrophic defeat.

David Axelrod had been touted as the man to get Labour's Ed Miliband into - and the Conservative prime minister David Cameron out of - Downing Street.

Instead he slunk out of Britain early, as his former Obama campaign colleague Jim Messina, who advised the winning Conservatives, crowed over a victory which had 'stunned the world'.

Axelrod had already vowed that he was 'done with campaigns' after complaining bitterly about the British media and saying: 'Anyone who underestimates Ed Miliband does so at their own peril.'

In fact he appeared to have dramatically over-estimated the Labour leader, who quit this morning saying he took responsibility for the defeat.

Today  tweeted that polling was to blame, saying on Twitter:'In all my years as journalist & strategist, I've never seen as stark a failure of polling as in UK. Huge project ahead to unravel it.'

And the famed pollster Nathan Silver was also humiliated by the British election, with his forecast for the result, like every other opinion poll, completely wrong.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3073694/Humiliation-Obama-s-election-guru-campaign-David-Axelrod-sees-Labour-shellacked-selling-advice-nearly-500-000-blames-pollsters.html#ixzz3ZZajuexa

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The polls took me by surprise too, to be fair.

They shouldn't have.

People here don't talk politics much. But they are very protective of their vote. We don't get a whole lot of say in the way the country gets run, but the little we do get is sacred. And no one's business, especially not some numb nuts with a clipboard.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I wonder if Messina will be hired by a viable Republican hopeful?  Cuz whatever he did, it worked !!

The post election analysis of actual versus poll internals will be fascinating.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
If you're hiring Axelrod for election advice, you're hiring him for playing dirty and cheating advice - and as EC said, it isn't as easy to cheat there - as it is here.

:silly:  It tickles me!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

If you're hiring Axelrod for election advice, you're hiring him for playing dirty and cheating advice - and as EC said, it isn't as easy to cheat there - as it is here.

What makes me laugh is that he got $500,000 out of the Labour Party for that 'advice'...    :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan