Author Topic: Source: Justice Department to investigate Baltimore police  (Read 962 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/07/us/baltimore-justice-department-investigation/index.html

Source: Justice Department to investigate Baltimore police

By Dana Ford, CNN

Updated 10:23 PM ET, Thu May 7, 2015

(CNN)The Justice Department plans to launch a pattern or practice investigation into the methods of the Baltimore Police Department, a law enforcement source said Thursday.

The investigation was requested by the city's mayor, and is expected to be announced officially on Friday, the source said.

The investigation comes in the wake of Freddie Gray's death, and the outrage that followed.

Gray, 25, suffered a fatal injury to his spine while in police custody under circumstances that remain unclear. Six officers have been arrested and face various charges, ranging from false imprisonment to murder.

In asking for the investigation, Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said such an inquiry was necessary to achieve the kind of "sustainable and significant reform" of the department that she and the citizens of Baltimore want to see.

"The DOJ has employed these investigations in communities across our nation to reform serious patterns and practices of force, biased policing and other unconstitutional practices by law enforcement," she told reporters. "I'm asking the Department of Justice to investigate if our police department has engaged in a pattern or practice of stops, searches or arrests that violate the Fourth Amendment."

The Justice Department is already investigating whether Gray's civil rights were violated. But the so-called pattern or practice investigation would be far broader, a full-scale civil rights investigation of the entire police department.

The inquiry would be similar to the one conducted in Ferguson, Missouri, after the shooting death of Michael Brown last summer.

The Justice Department's investigation there found systematic discrimination against African-Americans in that city by the police department and the municipal court system, with blacks subject to far more vehicle stops, citations and arrests than their proportion of the population.

Blacks were more likely to be searched during traffic stops and cited for minor infractions, and 88% of the cases in which police used force were against African-Americans, who make up 67% of the population of Ferguson.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Source: Justice Department to investigate Baltimore police
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 03:19:38 pm »
Shocking.......

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 03:34:36 pm »

That's what they get for not making the results of the investigation fit the charges...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 04:12:31 pm »
Holder said, basically, that he wants all police departments 'investigated'.

When Baltimore gave Prince a permit for his so called Rally4Peace, they were essentially issuing a legal permit for another riot. And they know this. If I live there, I would make sure my car is locked up somewhere 20 miles away.

They are doing all this, what they a calling 'protests', on purpose. This is all just a money grab by the city and a setup to federalize all American policemen and departments. I wonder if this will lead to all crimes or offensives becoming a federal offense?

It would not surprise me. The dissolution of any notion of 'local law' is the goal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 04:15:50 pm »

Yeah, they'll keep this up till they federalize law enforcement.  But they sure are bumbling fools at it.

Even with a black mayor, black police chief, black attorney, black rioters, black POTUS and black AG... they still struggle.

Maybe there's a reason that Africa is the way it is...

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:16:09 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 04:21:00 pm »
I wonder if the feds will release all black prisoners convicted of only drug crimes at some point?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 04:56:28 pm »
I wonder if the feds will release all black prisoners convicted of only drug crimes at some point?

The militant Black Power movement of the 60s, the Black Panther/Obama/Holder types, referred to all Black people in prison in America as being "political prisoners", regardless of how heinous the crime was they commuted. Black prisoners were referred to as 'soldiers', who should be back in the struggle. They did not consider these people to be criminals, but rather 'oppressed Blacks' being put down by 'da man', even if they murdered entire families in some cases.

Furthermore, with the number of prisoners currently converting to Islam, you know Obama has to love that, and may give them special dispensation.

You never know what these guys will do in the next few months to further wreak havoc on America and American society. However, if they do start releasing Black prisoners, I doubt very much they would release only this or only that. I think I would be a mass release regardless of crime.

They will call it 'for humanitarian purposes' and will likely go through the U.N. with some kind of bogus 'resolution', which, of course, will be unanimously supported.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 05:00:12 pm »
The militant Black Power movement of the 60s, the Black Panther/Obama/Holder types, referred to all Black people in prison in America as being "political prisoners", regardless of how heinous the crime was they commuted. Black prisoners were referred to as 'soldiers', who should be back in the struggle. They did not consider these people to be criminals, but rather 'oppressed Blacks' being put down by 'da man', even if they murdered entire families in some cases.

Furthermore, with the number of prisoners currently converting to Islam, you know Obama has to love that, and may give them special dispensation.

You never know what these guys will do in the next few months to further wreak havoc on America and American society. However, if they do start releasing Black prisoners, I doubt very much they would release only this or only that. I think I would be a mass release regardless of crime.

They will call it 'for humanitarian purposes' and will likely go through the U.N. with some kind of bogus 'resolution', which, of course, will be unanimously supported.

"political prisoners",
Is exactly what a speaker at the 'peace' rally called them

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 05:12:27 pm »
Looks like Lynch is about to live up to her name.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 12:08:40 am »
flowers wrote above:
[[ I wonder if the feds will release all black prisoners convicted of only drug crimes at some point? ]]

I'm already on record in this forum in predicting that obama will issue a "mass-pardon" for black drug offenders before he leaves office in January 2017.

(That is, IF he "leaves office"...)