Author Topic: O’Reilly: ‘Bogus’ To Invoke Free Speech in Mohammed Art Contest Debate  (Read 2975 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Thus far, there is no evidence of a "terrorist cell" is there?  Other than the two dead guys, that is. I haven't seen any.

Depends on your definition of a terrorist cell.  I think that can be just one person that is promoting and recruiting others to terrorize for whatever their cause.  We know that one of the dead terrorists has been watched and known by our government to be a recruiter - was it for Al Qaeda?  I can't remember - but this guy may have recruited the other one that was shot along with him.  If he managed to convince one person to join him in jihad - who is to say that there aren't others he was working with as well? 

I don't understand the rush to label these guys as 'lone wolves' - like that makes it less terrible. 

And besides - how many lone wolves does it take to make a pack?   :shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

I don't understand the rush to label these guys as 'lone wolves' - like that makes it less terrible. 

Because a cell means a conspiracy and we can't admit to that...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Depends on your definition of a terrorist cell.  I think that can be just one person that is promoting and recruiting others to terrorize for whatever their cause.  We know that one of the dead terrorists has been watched and known by our government to be a recruiter - was it for Al Qaeda?  I can't remember - but this guy may have recruited the other one that was shot along with him.  If he managed to convince one person to join him in jihad - who is to say that there aren't others he was working with as well? 

And besides - how many lone wolves does it take to make a pack?   :shrug:

There's a visible difference between enraging a couple of fringe nutjobs to the degree that they'll decide to go "defend the Prophet" and activating a trained and prepared cell like Tamerlan Tsarnaev and his brother. That difference is in the results of the attacks.

The Garland shooters were taken down in about 15 seconds.

So the definition of a terrorist cell (there is only one definition BTW) includes training. Tsarnaev reaceived months of training,  but there's no evidence that these guys did.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx