Author Topic: Progressives Love Anti-Religious Art — as Long as It’s Anti-Christian....By Jonah Goldberg  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Geller and her group – she has been outspoken on Islam for 10 years and has private security because of it – showed courage. The event was important to stage for so many reasons.

Not the least of which is that it may have awakened many to what is at stake here. When a cartoon contest elicits this kind of response on American soil, our liberty to speak freely is threatened by fear of violent retaliation.

I wouldn't doubt opinion begins shifting to the right because of what happened when an American woman courageously spoke out against political correctness and defied those that would use fear and intimidation to threaten her into silence.

Of course, you and DC assume that these barbarians would play by some sort of civilized rules of engagement, rather than act like the barbarians that they are, and continue to send bumbling idiots to attack a visibly guarded site, instead of sending in an actual trained terrorist cell to attack a few school buses or even schools in the area in retaliation for the exhibition.

She has every right to do what she does, but we better be ready to deal with the consequences of her actions, and to bear the possible losses.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I think what Geller did was incredibly courageous and I think it did have value.  In America, we tend to think that we're safe from public beheadings, stonings and other barbaric acts by Islamic Fundamentalists.  This event showed us that is not the case.  Terrorists are here on our soil and they are plotting attacks that can happen at any time - as the Boston Marathon showed us.  What did that race do that was too provocative?

What do Christians, women and gays do that is provocative - to deserve beheading, stoning or being thrown off of a building? 

To have a Mohammed Cartoon Contest sounds like it is being provocative for a silly cause - but it strikes to the heart of the matter.  If we live in fear of drawing a likeness of some prophet because we are told it can cause our death - then we are already living under Sharia Law - "soft" Sharia - for now. 

If you're not willing to put your life on the line for freedom of speech - then you don't deserve it.  You can say, "well, I would be willing to die to protect my wife's right to leave her house unaccompanied by a male relative, or not covered head to toe - but for a cartoon - no way!"

It's baby steps, my friend.  First it's a cartoon, then it's your wife - or your gay friend - or your religion.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Geller and her group – she has been outspoken on Islam for 10 years and has private security because of it – showed courage. The event was important to stage for so many reasons.

Not the least of which is that it may have awakened many to what is at stake here. When a cartoon contest elicits this kind of response on American soil, our liberty to speak freely is threatened by fear of violent retaliation.

I wouldn't doubt opinion begins shifting to the right because of what happened when an American woman courageously spoke out against political correctness and defied those that would use fear and intimidation to threaten her into silence.

That's exactly right, Sal.  And eloquently stated.

Whenever 'they' pour into a country, as soon as they reach a comfortable percentage of the population, they start making demands.  First, for special treatment and recognition.   And eventually for the right to have their own laws and courts.  Finally, for submission.

Well, it isn't going to work here in the USA, because the American PEOPLE are the country.....not the government.

Oh....and we have guns.  Lots of them.

We aren't going to change to accommodate anybody.

We at the stage here in America where the truth has become hate speech.

Cardinal Dolan yesterday said that it's time to call the radical Muslims what they are.  In plain language.

He called them Radical Islamic Christian-a-phobes, who refuse to join civilization. 

Oh...and the Washington Post ignored the story.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I think what Geller did was incredibly courageous and I think it did have value.  In America, we tend to think that we're safe from public beheadings, stonings and other barbaric acts by Islamic Fundamentalists.  This event showed us that is not the case.  Terrorists are here on our soil and they are plotting attacks that can happen at any time - as the Boston Marathon showed us.  What did that race do that was too provocative?

What do Christians, women and gays do that is provocative - to deserve beheading, stoning or being thrown off of a building? 

To have a Mohammed Cartoon Contest sounds like it is being provocative for a silly cause - but it strikes to the heart of the matter.  If we live in fear of drawing a likeness of some prophet because we are told it can cause our death - then we are already living under Sharia Law - "soft" Sharia - for now. 

If you're not willing to put your life on the line for freedom of speech - then you don't deserve it.  You can say, "well, I would be willing to die to protect my wife's right to leave her house unaccompanied by a male relative, or not covered head to toe - but for a cartoon - no way!"

It's baby steps, my friend.  First it's a cartoon, then it's your wife - or your gay friend - or your religion.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

If you're not willing to put your life on the line for freedom of speech - then you don't deserve it. You can say, "well, I would be willing to die to protect my wife's right to leave her house unaccompanied by a male relative, or not covered head to toe - but for a cartoon - no way!"

These are terrorists.

They are not civilized, nor do they think like we do.

I have zero problem putting my life on the line.  They're going to put lives other than ours on the line.

They are terrorists.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline alicewonders

Offline alicewonders

These are terrorists.

They are not civilized, nor do they think like we do.

I have zero problem putting my life on the line.  They're going to put lives other than ours on the line.

They are terrorists.

They certainly are terrorists - they're bullies too.  The only way you can get a bully to quit terrorizing you is to stand up to them and NEVER let them think you are afraid of them.  They get off on that.  We need to get back up in their face and let them know in no uncertain terms that we will not be cowed down by them.

You said, "They're going to put lives other than ours on the line."

Absolutely true and I can understand your point that it may be shoppers at the Walmart down the road that end up on the receiving end of an attack because one well-guarded event offended their little feelings.  Innocent people everywhere are in danger from these terrorists - whether we mock them or not.  I go back to the Boston Marathon - innocent people DIED there - no one participating in that race did anything to provoke those barbarians!

But they attacked them anyway.

It can happen any day, in any town.  You know they are plotting it.  And it doesn't matter that we walk on eggshells to keep from provoking them. 

They are going to do it anyway.

That's just the way it is now in this world - where we have let these terrorists rule our everyday lives already in ways we never dreamed of twenty years ago.  Every time we fly - every conversation or email that is being monitored now.  Every country we are now afraid to visit.  Every school that is afraid to serve pork.  They are already winning and this has got to stop NOW.

Enough. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
They certainly are terrorists - they're bullies too.  The only way you can get a bully to quit terrorizing you is to stand up to them and NEVER let them think you are afraid of them.  They get off on that.  We need to get back up in their face and let them know in no uncertain terms that we will not be cowed down by them.

Absolutely true and I can understand your point that it may be shoppers at the Walmart down the road that end up on the receiving end of an attack because one well-guarded event offended their little feelings.  Innocent people everywhere are in danger from these terrorists - whether we mock them or not.  I go back to the Boston Marathon - innocent people DIED there - no one participating in that race did anything to provoke those barbarians!

It can happen any day, in any town.  You know they are plotting it.  And it doesn't matter that we walk on eggshells to keep from provoking them. 

That's just the way it is now in this world - where we have let these terrorists rule our everyday lives already in ways we never dreamed of twenty years ago.  Every time we fly - every conversation or email that is being monitored now.  Every country we are now afraid to visit.  Every school that is afraid to serve pork.  They are already winning and this has got to stop NOW.

Enough.

If they're going to do it ANYWAY, then why give that portion of the country whose solution will be limiting OUR rights and OUR ability to defend ourselves a platform and a cause?

We need to DEMAND that the government detain and deport (if need) ANYONE on US soil who supports the cause of jihad.

You're assuming that the nation will have the stomach for the fight. To watch the casualties at that Walmart stack up.

I think maybe we don't.

I think we should go to the root of the problem and take them out, not offer up some of us as sacrificial lambs to make a point already made.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:30:31 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline aligncare

Enough.

You go girl!

We could all use more of what you got going on – righteous indignation. Which is exact opposite of political correctness and complacency. Those are the things that could get more Americans killed.

The killers of western civilization are not going to give up their quest in our lifetime. 9-11 was just the beginning.

Offline alicewonders

If they're going to do it ANYWAY, then why give that portion of the country whose solution will be limiting OUR rights and OUR ability to defend ourselves a platform and a cause?

We need to DEMAND that the government detain and deport (if need) ANYONE on US soil who supports the cause of jihad.

You're assuming that the nation will have the stomach for the fight. To watch the casualties at that Walmart stack up.

I think maybe we don't.

I think we should go to the root of the problem and take them out, not offer up some of us as sacrificial lambs to make a point already made.

I agree with you about getting rid of jihad sympathizers here in the US, but I can hear the whining now - religious profiling!

If Geller's event served the purpose of waking more people up to the fact that they are HERE NOW - then it will help to rev up the fight that we are going to have to engage in to eradicate this. 

I'm afraid that there are going to be innocent sacrificial lambs - just like at the Boston Marathon and the Oklahoma beheading.  I pray there are not - but we can't prevent every attack.  Shooting them down at a cartoon event is a little bit more effective, because you are kind of "expecting" something like that to happen and are more prepared for it.  Each of us have to prepare ourselves - mentally and by arming ourselves with arms and practiced strategy if we are unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Geller incident has served a purpose of waking people up.  I believe God was there to protect innocents - may not be so lucky next time.  But they are already here and we can't pretend they won't bother us if we don't provoke them.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Luis wrote above:
[[ We need to DEMAND that the government detain and deport (if need) ANYONE on US soil who supports the cause of jihad. ]]

Does that include U.S. citizens, Luis?
(By the way, I completely agree, and I -do- think we should expel citizen-muslims who embrace jihad. Strip them of their citizenship and give them a one-way ticket to the muslim country of their choice.)

Luis also wrote:
[[ You're assuming that the nation will have the stomach for the fight. To watch the casualties at that Walmart stack up.
I think maybe we don't. ]]

I'd have to agree with you again.
After all, for more than ten years I've been posting the question "who's winning?"
(first at TOS, now here)

Luis continued:
[[ I think we should go to the root of the problem and take them out, not offer up some of us as sacrificial lambs to make a point already made. ]]

You had best be prepared to "take out" a LOT of people, then...

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Luis wrote above:
[[ We need to DEMAND that the government detain and deport (if need) ANYONE on US soil who supports the cause of jihad. ]]

Does that include U.S. citizens, Luis?
(By the way, I completely agree, and I -do- think we should expel citizen-muslims who embrace jihad. Strip them of their citizenship and give them a one-way ticket to the muslim country of their choice.)

Luis also wrote:
[[ You're assuming that the nation will have the stomach for the fight. To watch the casualties at that Walmart stack up.
I think maybe we don't. ]]

I'd have to agree with you again.
After all, for more than ten years I've been posting the question "who's winning?"
(first at TOS, now here)

Luis continued:
[[ I think we should go to the root of the problem and take them out, not offer up some of us as sacrificial lambs to make a point already made. ]]

You had best be prepared to "take out" a LOT of people, then...

Out of the country, or kill those in the country.