Author Topic: Prince releases Freddie Gray protest song ‘Baltimore’  (Read 406 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/prince-releases-freddie-gray-protest-song-baltimore-article-1.2216360

Prince releases Freddie Gray protest song ‘Baltimore’ 
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, May 9, 2015, 12:43 PM

Prince released his much-anticipated protest song about “Baltimore” on Saturday — one day before his scheduled “Rally 4 Peace” concert in the troubled city.

Oddly, the music he wrote to match his socio-political message could barely be more breezy.

Contrasting lyrics inspired by the death of Freddie Gray and the subsequent riots in Baltimore, Prince’s like-named song has the light, pop-rock panache of hits like “Raspberry Beret.”

It’s catchy — in this case, to a fault. Listeners may have trouble putting together its sober lyrics with the sometimes flighty tune, enlivened by several rousing guitar solos.

“Nobody got in nobody’s way / So I guess you could say it was a good day / at least a little better than the day in Baltimore,” Prince sings.

https://soundcloud.com/prince3eg

“Does anybody hear us pray? / for Michael Brown or Freddie Gray / Peace is more than the absence of war,” reads part of the second verse.

Later, the song includes the repeated refrain, “If there ain’t no justice / then there ain’t no peace.”

Prince recorded the song on April 30 at his Paisley Park Studios, playing every instrument himself.

In an interview with My Fox Twin Cities, Prince explained that the Freddie Gray incident — along with recent health issues for the star’s idol Joni Mitchell — inspired his piece.

“With everything going on ... I had a lot to get out,” Prince said.

His “Rally 4 Peace” benefit show will take place Sunday night at Baltimore’s Royal Farms Arena.

The audio portion will stream in its entirely on Jay Z’s new Tidal service. Proceeds from the show will benefit various Baltimore youth charities.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Prince releases Freddie Gray protest song ‘Baltimore’
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 10:44:16 pm »
Pablum.
Self promotion.

'Look at me! Look at me! I'm Black! No. Really I am!'

Reminds me of Michael Jackson's interview on racism. He could not even pronounce the word.

'That's stupid' 'That's stupid' 'That's racsisismist'

Black people are Black. There's nothing more to say than that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.