Author Topic: Pamela Geller: Heroine or Hateful Islamaphobe?  (Read 6900 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Pamela Geller: Heroine or Hateful Islamaphobe?
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2015, 02:55:05 am »
Luis wrote above:
[[ You haven't, in spite of all that, been able to move me one inch from my thoughts and ideas on this subject. ]]

Gee, Luis, I have no interest in "moving" you in any direction at all.

[[ What makes you think then that mocking, insulting and acting like a jerk toward one of the world's largest religions will be any more effective changing them? ]]

islam may be one of the world's "largest" "religions" -- but it is a false one built on the dictates of one [very evil] man.

You may not wish to "change" islam or show disrespect towards it.
But islam is most intent on changing YOU.

What do you propose to do about it?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2015, 03:26:57 am »
Luis wrote above:
[[ You haven't, in spite of all that, been able to move me one inch from my thoughts and ideas on this subject. ]]

Gee, Luis, I have no interest in "moving" you in any direction at all.

[[ What makes you think then that mocking, insulting and acting like a jerk toward one of the world's largest religions will be any more effective changing them? ]]

islam may be one of the world's "largest" "religions" -- but it is a false one built on the dictates of one [very evil] man.

You may not wish to "change" islam or show disrespect towards it.
But islam is most intent on changing YOU.

What do you propose to do about it?

So, you think that drawing cartoons and talking smack on the Internet is doing something about it?

Have at it.

Here's more immediate problem.

It appears that blacks are hunting whites in America.

http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/top-100-black-mob-violence-videos/

It's even open season on cops.

But let's discuss how Christendom is going to subjugate Islam and be cartoon heroes instead.

Good plan.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Paladin

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2015, 03:35:15 am »
I do regret to inform you but all this:

So, you think that drawing cartoons and talking smack on the Internet is doing something about it?

Have at it.

Here's more immediate problem.

It appears that blacks are hunting whites in America.

http://whitegirlbleedalot.com/top-100-black-mob-violence-videos/

It's even open season on cops.

But let's discuss how Christendom is going to subjugate Islam and be cartoon heroes instead.

Good plan.

is a complete non-sequitur.

The question is: "What do you propose to do about it?", not whether or not you approve of Pam Gellar's cartoon festival.

So what do YOU intend to do about a resurgent and militant Islam?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2015, 03:44:22 am »
I do regret to inform you but all this:

is a complete non-sequitur.

The question is: "What do you propose to do about it?", not whether or not you approve of Pam Gellar's cartoon festival.

So what do YOU intend to do about a resurgent and militant Islam?

Let me see, Christendom and Islam have been going at it for over 14 centuries what and you want to know what I am going to do about Islam?

Why... I intend to draw some cartoons!

Now, I'm a hero too!

Why didn't someone tell the Lionheart to put down his sword and take up a cartoonists' quill?

We could have ended this a dozen centuries ago!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:16:03 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2015, 03:48:24 am »
BTW Paladin, it's not a non-sequitur.

If we don't have the balls to handle the black on white war going on HERE, in THIS country, what makes you think we have what it will take to take on Islam?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:15:23 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2015, 11:59:59 am »
Interesting the differences of opinions on this issue, so I may as well offer mine, too.

What Gellar did was an 'in your face" to the Muslim extremists so I am all for it. Those who oppose the cartoon festival may do so in good faith and with the purest of motives, but unfortunately they instead come across a bunch of dhimmis frightened that the Islamists may show their displeasure with violence (which they did).

We cannot allow a group of thugs to dictate what we can and cannot do when it comes to freedom of speech and expression, and I find it sad several on here seem willing to do so whatever their rationale.

I think Islam needs direct challenges. Agitate, to the point where America disavows Islam and decertifies it as a religion and recognizes it for a political philosophy that it is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2015, 12:08:50 pm »
I think Islam needs direct challenges. Agitate, to the point where America disavows Islam and decertifies it as a religion and recognizes it for a political philosophy that it is.

I totally agree that Islam needs direct challenges, both from without and from within the faith.

Disavowing and decertifying though - do you really want to start the nation down that path? Just as with an official State religion, it rarely ends well.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2015, 12:59:02 pm »
BTW Paladin, it's not a non-sequitur.

If we don't have the balls to handle the black on white war going on HERE, in THIS country, what makes you think we have what it will take to take on Islam?

The race issue in the US has no relationship with the 'Islamic' issue we're discussing, Luis.

We suffer collective guilt (for some reason) for deeds done by our ancestors...long gone.  The black on white war will end...soon as the poser's term is in the rear view mirror. 

As fas as our 'Islamic' problem.   There isn't any...other than the perhaps thousands of jihadists that have sneaked into the country during the past several years. 

....and as you can see, we're drawing them out.  Obviously, two at a time.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2015, 01:21:42 pm »
The race issue in the US has no relationship with the 'Islamic' issue we're discussing, Luis.

We suffer collective guilt (for some reason) for deeds done by our ancestors...long gone.  The black on white war will end...soon as the poser's term is in the rear view mirror. 

As fas as our 'Islamic' problem.   There isn't any...other than the perhaps thousands of jihadists that have sneaked into the country during the past several years. 

....and as you can see, we're drawing them out.  Obviously, two at a time.   :laugh:

BS.

There weren't two Jihadists "drawn out", there were two inept wannabe assassins motivated to go shoot up a place. They lasted 15 seconds after they shot the first round.

If we can't handle tbe issue of black violence in the U.S., there's little to convince me that we will effectively handle Islamic radicalism in our jails and inner cities. 

Half that duo of ersatz jihadists was made up of a converted black American.

Couple the streets of Baltimore and Ferguson with radical clerics preaching hatred for America from inner city mosques and you may get a glimpse at a problem much larger than jihadists seeking into the country.

BTW. Had these guys been real jihadists and managed to drive a car loaded with explosives into that building, would you still be boasting about drawing two jihadists out?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:24:25 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2015, 03:14:26 pm »
BS.

There weren't two Jihadists "drawn out", there were two inept wannabe assassins motivated to go shoot up a place. They lasted 15 seconds after they shot the first round.

If we can't handle tbe issue of black violence in the U.S., there's little to convince me that we will effectively handle Islamic radicalism in our jails and inner cities. 

Half that duo of ersatz jihadists was made up of a converted black American.

Couple the streets of Baltimore and Ferguson with radical clerics preaching hatred for America from inner city mosques and you may get a glimpse at a problem much larger than jihadists seeking into the country.

BTW. Had these guys been real jihadists and managed to drive a car loaded with explosives into that building, would you still be boasting about drawing two jihadists out?

Hmmmm....didn't realize I was "boasting".

If they had used explosives and leveled the building, the discussion would be a little different.   They didn't.

And BTW, by definition, they are/were jihadists.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2015, 03:42:47 pm »
Hmmmm....didn't realize I was "boasting".

If they had used explosives and leveled the building, the discussion would be a little different.   They didn't.

And BTW, by definition, they are/were jihadists.

If I stepped into a boxing right with Manny Pacquiao wearing gloves and boxing trunks, by definition I would be a boxer.

Then there's this guy...

By definition, a Detroit Lion.