Author Topic: FLOTUS plays race card: Museums are for white people  (Read 4352 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FLOTUS plays race card: Museums are for white people
« on: May 05, 2015, 08:07:35 pm »
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/05/05/flotus-plays-race-card-museums-are-for-white-people-201684

May 5, 2015 by Nicole Haas 35 Comments

First lady Michelle Obama used a speech Monday that was supposed to be celebrating the opening of a new museum to instead dig deeper the racial divide that’s been growing ever wider during her husband’s presidency.

“Museums and concert halls,” she said, just don’t welcome non-white visitors – especially children – the way they welcome whites.

Speaking at the new Whitney museum in New York City’s meat packing district last week, Obama said she grew up thinking that museums were not places “for someone who looks like me.”

“You see, there are so many kids in this country who look at places like museums and concert halls and other cultural centers and they think to themselves, well, that’s not a place for me, for someone who looks like me, for someone who comes from my neighborhood. In fact, I guarantee you that right now, there are kids living less than a mile from here who would never in a million years dream that they would be welcome in this museum.

“And growing up on the South Side of Chicago, I was one of those kids myself. So I know that feeling of not belonging in a place like this. And today, as first lady, I know how that feeling limits the horizons of far too many of our young people.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/05/05/flotus-plays-race-card-museums-are-for-white-people-201684#ixzz3ZIRzxSaG
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Charlespg

Re: FLOTUS plays race card: Museums are for white people
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 12:19:22 am »
            “You see, there are so many kids in this country who look at places like museums and concert halls and other cultural centers and they think to themselves, well, that’s not a place for me, for someone who looks like me, for someone who comes from my neighborhood. In fact, I guarantee you that right now, there are kids living less than a mile from here who would never in a million years dream that they would be welcome in this museum.

“And growing up on the South Side of Chicago, I was one of those kids myself. So I know that feeling of not belonging in a place like this. And today, as first lady, I know how that feeling limits the horizons of far too many of our young people.           
       8detect8 :boring:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 12:25:07 am »
FLOTUS plays race card: Museums are for white people

That's such a load of crap.

Someone has to clean them at night,
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 12:50:55 am »
Uh....hold the phones.

There is a freaking monstrosity of a building under construction, virtually on the Mall and takes up a block. 

It's the African-American Museum.     http://www.si.edu/museums/african-american-history-and-culture-museum

And, it will be open probably just before the 2016 campaign goes hot. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 12:53:16 am »
That's such a load of crap.

Someone has to clean them at night,

Chances are those cleaning crews are Hispanic, today, Luis.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 01:08:08 am »
She is SO messed up.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 01:21:48 am »
Excuse my language but BULLSHIT!!!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 01:51:35 am »
[deleted by poster as inappropriate]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:29:40 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 01:52:36 am »
Perpetually ugly - I mean angry bitch always has to keep picking at the scab!  How did she ever get to be First Lady with all that racism all her life?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 02:39:18 am »
She is right.

For once, she is saying something that I would say.

Museums, Class, Operas, Symphonies, are exactly in fact for White people. She is right.

These are things done by White people, for White people. The Black people do not understand what we do.

They live in a primitive angry violent land, and cannot understand White people at all.

Michelle is correct in her reasoning. White people do things for White people and the Black people cannot comprehend it.

They are away from us. They know it. We know it. But the Left wants to convince us that we are all the same, when any rational person can clearly see that this notion is ludicrous.   

She is right. And I respect that she would point out that Black people are African spear chuckers, and normal White people are normal White people.

They have no business in our museums, or really, in anything else that we have built. I agree with her 100 percent.

Wow.

I don't agree with a single thing you've said here.

Not one.  **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 02:41:23 am »
Perpetually ugly - I mean angry bitch always has to keep picking at the scab!  How did she ever get to be First Lady with all that racism all her life?

She's not even bright enough to realize the irony of her words.

Her husband was elected to the highest office in the land....... in the world......... and she's complaining ALL THE TIME that life's not fair for people her color.

She and her punk of a husband have done more damage to racial relations in this country than any two people  have ever, ever done.

And I despise them for it.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 02:46:32 am »
She's not even bright enough to realize the irony of her words.

Her husband was elected to the highest office in the land....... in the world......... and she's complaining ALL THE TIME that life's not fair for people her color.

She and her punk of a husband have done more damage to racial relations in this country than any two people  have ever, ever done.

And I despise them for it.

As do I.. Those people has put back race relations in the country at least 50 years and I don't think it can be healed again.. I have a feeling it is going to get worse imho..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 02:52:27 am »

Chances are those cleaning crews are Hispanic, today, Luis.

No.

Them's Union jobs.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 02:58:28 am »
I guess the rumored "whitey" video in 2008 wasn't that far fetched.

Offline evadR

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 03:26:32 am »
She is right.

Museums, Class, Operas, Symphonies, are exactly in fact for White people. She is right.

These are things done by White people, for White people. The Black people do not understand what we do.

They live in a primitive angry violent land, and cannot understand White people at all.

Michelle is correct in her reasoning. White people do things for White people and the Black people cannot comprehend it.

They are away from us. They know it. We know it. But the Left wants to convince us that we are all the same, when any rational person can clearly see that this notion is ludicrous.   

She is right. And I respect that she would point out that Black people are African spear chuckers, and normal White people are normal White people.

They have no business in our museums, or really, in anything else that we have built. I agree with her 100 percent.

OMG  ...LOL

That has got to leave a mark :)
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 04:40:25 am »
The Empress has such a challenging and difficult life.

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained records from the U.S. Department of the Air Force revealing that Michelle Obama’s weekend trip to Aspen, Colorado, in February cost American taxpayers $57,068.80 in travel expenses alone for the 7.4-hour round-trip flight. While President Obama flew to California to play golf, speak at a cyber-security summit, and headline a fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee, the First Lady and her daughters spent Valentine’s Day weekend skiing in Aspen, returning to the White House on February 16.

That was just for the travel expenses.

According to the newly released records, the transportation costs for the four-day trip to Aspen were based on a flight cost of $7,712 an hour for the First Lady, her daughters, and support personnel in the Gulfstream aircraft. Not included were the attendant costs for U.S. Secret Service personnel, accommodations, meals, rental cars, lift tickets for skiing at Buttermilk, and related expenses. The $57,068.80 tab Mrs. Obama her daughters ran up in travel expenses alone for their weekend trip is more than 14 times what the average American of four spends for an entire week-long vacation.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/records-obtained-by-judicial-watch-reveal-michelle-obamas-weekend-ski-trip-in-february-cost-more-than-57000-in-transportation-expenses-alone/

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 10:04:25 am »
She is right.

LOL!

You make it so simple and direct.

And when you picture the economic status, overall decorum...hell, when you realize that 'they' can't even speak English properly...it's hard to argue and/or criticize what you've written here.

Indeed, they are feral animals of society.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 12:57:25 pm »
Dingbat, racist Michelle has apparently never heard of:

William Grant Still
Duke Ellington (he didn't just write Jazz)
W.C. Handy
Scott Joplin (he didn't just write Ragtime)
Florence Price
Wynton Marsalis
Langston Hughes
The Harlem Renaissance
The Underground Railway Museum (in Cincinnati)
Moses Hogan
William Dawson
Thomas A. Dorsey
The Association of African American Museums
The St. Louis Art Museum
The African American Civil War Museum
The African American Museums of Cleveland, Philadelphia, Iowa, etc.
The African American Museum of Art

Michelle is clearly an ignorant, obtuse woman, who disregards facts for her divisive racist politics. 

Instead of inspiring, she tears down.
Instead of uniting, she divides.
Instead of leading, she wields a racist hatchet that destroys.

What a despicable person she is!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 01:16:06 pm »

Michelle is clearly an ignorant, obtuse woman, who disregards facts for her divisive racist politics. 

Instead of inspiring, she tears down.
Instead of uniting, she divides.
Instead of leading, she wields a racist hatchet that destroys.

What a despicable person she is!

In other words, Michelle Obama is sure to head the list of candidates on the Presidential Historians Association's list of America's Ten Best First Ladies.

Keeping the dream and legacy alive.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 01:46:16 pm »
In other words, Michelle Obama is sure to head the list of candidates on the Presidential Historians Association's list of America's Ten Best First Ladies.

Keeping the dream and legacy alive.

Ah, yes.......... because she enhances the lie that all good leftist 'historians' believe, that America is a bad place and deserves to be torn down.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 03:30:00 pm »
And until these ass clowns pull their pants up, straighten their hats out, and learn to speak proper English and to read, museums, concert halls, etc., will remain a mystery, and untouched resource to them.

And considering her legacy/ affirmative action route through life, the First Wookie ought to learn to take the free flyer miles and keep her [pizza sized] pie hole shut.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 03:43:11 pm »
She is right.

I wanted to disagree but inexplicably found myself unable to do so.  That's because I realized that there are profound and obvious differences in the culture which is generally accepted in the white community and the culture which is generally accepted in the black community.

Note the differences between the Ferguson grand jury testimony and the public statements of some of the witnesses.  In the statements given in the presence of the black community, several witnesses lied to avoid getting beaten to a pulp.  In their grand jury testimony the same witnesses changed their stories.  Why wouldn't one conclude that honesty is a value which is not shared by both blacks and whites?

What about gang affiliation, abortion, criminal violence, etc.?  Why are the rates so much higher in the black community than among whites?

The notion of "acting white"--a well known phenomenon--didn't come out of thin air, and it doesn't allude to academic achievement only.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 05:55:24 pm »
Wow.

I don't agree with a single thing you've said here.

Not one.  **nononono*

You are right, of course. I was just in a bad mood and went too far over the top with my rant. Of course I have no overt malice for any race, Black or otherwise.

I am just so sick of the Obamas pushing their blatantly race based attitude on everything, I just snapped. I apologize for my post. It went too far and I realize that after reading it again. I'm sorry about it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 06:58:45 pm »
You are right, of course. I was just in a bad mood and went too far over the top with my rant. Of course I have no overt malice for any race, Black or otherwise.

I am just so sick of the Obamas pushing their blatantly race based attitude on everything, I just snapped. I apologize for my post. It went too far and I realize that after reading it again. I'm sorry about it.

Thank you!  I understand.

I feel the same way about the Obama's and their ugly race-baiting.

They are nauseating, and I find myself thinking things I've never thought before in my entire life.   For all my aware existence, I have tried to be 'color blind' and now I am being forced to see everything through the ugly lens of race, and being called a racist at every turn.

I really have trouble not hating these people for what they are doing.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 08:40:10 pm »
Mr. M and I visited the museum of slavery in Cincinnati a few years ago and found it a deeply moving experience. We were in a distinct minority that day, as at least 80% of the visitors were of a darker hue than we. No one said anything. No one cared. Everyone was respectful of one another.

Tell me, Mooch, which of us shouldn't have gone to the museum that day, we whiteys or the black folk?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org