Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Where's the bolt that 'killed Freddie Gray'? Standard-issue police van has SMOOTH cage doors, raising questions over leaked report that says fall in paddy wagon caused catastrophic injury  (Read 1100 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3063643/Where-s-bolt-killed-Freddie-Gray-Standard-issue-police-van-SMOOTH-cage-doors-raising-questions-leaked-medical-report-says-fall-paddy-wagon-caused-catastrophic-injury.html

The police van in which Freddie Gray supposedly sustained his fatal injuries does not come with a bolt sticking out from the back door, Chevrolet has confirmed.

Designs from the car maker show that the Chevrolet Express - the vehicle used by the Baltimore Police Department - is smooth on the inside of both cage doors.

Chevrolet spokesman Michael Albano confirmed to Daily Mail Online that the standard issue Chevrolet Express Police Transport Van has bolts that are built into the door and don't stick out.

Mr Albano said that law enforcement agencies are known to customise their own vehicles and that the Baltimore Police Department may have done so to their fleet.

The development raises a number of questions about the official account put out by the force which emerged today in a report of its internal investigation into Gray's death.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I talked to a work colleague last weekend. He is a former law enforcement officer, that retired.

We talked about the video of the Rodney King beating, which resulted in the 1992 LA riots. And we talked about the death of Kelly Thomas in Fullerton CA, at the hands of the police.

He was quick to take the LEO side. I told him I felt the police meted out punishment to homeless mentally ill Kelly, and he did not object. Watch the 30+ minute video and decide for yourself.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=kelly+thomas+video&oq=kelly+thomas+video&gs_l=hp.12...1582.6945.0.8946.19.19.0.0.0.0.188.2539.0j19.19.0.msedr...0...1.1.64.hp..4.15.2021.0.0pCj5aNouZU

This is sort of like retribution, for risking the cops lives with the wreckless chase, so they get a few swings.

My associate also told me the cops can keep going, if the suspect resists in any way. The suspect almost instinctively tries to change position. Okay give him a few more hard swings.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Doesn't look that smooth to me.

And for God's sake - is there not a single reporter on the planet capable of READING! The bolt didn't kill him. The mark of a bolt on his head showed he had hit his head against the door at some stage. Totally different.

Should expect no better from the Daily Fail though.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Charlespg

I talked to a work colleague last weekend. He is a former law enforcement officer, that retired.

We talked about the video of the Rodney King beating, which resulted in the 1992 LA riots. And we talked about the death of Kelly Thomas in Fullerton CA, at the hands of the police.

He was quick to take the LEO side. I told him I felt the police meted out punishment to homeless mentally ill Kelly, and he did not object. Watch the 30+ minute video and decide for yourself.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=kelly+thomas+video&oq=kelly+thomas+video&gs_l=hp.12...1582.6945.0.8946.19.19.0.0.0.0.188.2539.0j19.19.0.msedr...0...1.1.64.hp..4.15.2021.0.0pCj5aNouZU

This is sort of like retribution, for risking the cops lives with the wreckless chase, so they get a few swings.

My associate also told me the cops can keep going, if the suspect resists in any way. The suspect almost instinctively tries to change position. Okay give him a few more hard swings.
That attitude is why I no longer support the cops automatically like I once did
 All Kelly Thomas did was sass the cops a bit
That business in Fullerton Calf would have been grounds for a bystander to commit  justifiable homicide( on the two thug cops) in my opinion ...either start handing out one way trips to old sparky for this kind of crap when a death results and take awards  for damages out of the police pension . Or risk seeing things really get out of control..No fan of looters and rioters but just saying
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Doesn't look that smooth to me.

And for God's sake - is there not a single reporter on the planet capable of READING! The bolt didn't kill him. The mark of a bolt on his head showed he had hit his head against the door at some stage. Totally different.

Should expect no better from the Daily Fail though.

Completely agree. The use of the word 'bolt' may be something simply lost in translation or being taken too literally (although there are bolts on the door hinges and on the edges of what looks to be the holding cage). It could also have described the shape and not meant a literal bolt which could then describe the door locks and handles you can see in the image as well as what looks to be some sort of hinge above the back door window and many other things that could result in a 'bolt' shaped injury. We need to focus on the truth, not what side we want to agree on based on who supports them. It may have been negligence, it may have been self inflicted, it may have just been an accident. The truth is what matters, not jumping to conclusion on either side because of speculation.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Look closely at the pic above.

There are TWO sets of doors on the back of that van.

There are the outer doors, with the glass.

There is also a set of inner doors which look to be completely smooth on the inside (where the prisoner would be)...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Look again. You can distinctly see raised fasteners at the corners of the metal mesh. Shows better on the right door.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
That attitude is why I no longer support the cops automatically like I once did
 All Kelly Thomas did was sass the cops a bit
That business in Fullerton Calf would have been grounds for a bystander to commit  justifiable homicide( on the two thug cops) in my opinion ...either start handing out one way trips to old sparky for this kind of crap when a death results and take awards  for damages out of the police pension . Or risk seeing things really get out of control..No fan of looters and rioters but just saying
That Orange County DA is a "tough on crime" conservative, and when he saw the 33 minute video, he charged and fought hard to convict the officers. The jury acquitted, much to the disappointment of many.

In the video, one officer said something like "we are going to F*** you up." That is officers, meting out punishment. Kelly Thomas was known to be mentally ill.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Charlespg

That Orange County DA is a "tough on crime" conservative, and when he saw the 33 minute video, he charged and fought hard to convict the officers. The jury acquitted, much to the disappointment of many.

In the video, one officer said something like "we are going to F*** you up." That is officers, meting out punishment. Kelly Thomas was known to be mentally ill.
I believe that jury was gotten too,compromised somehow

If  adults had been in charge of the DOJ and White house
the FBI would have been all over that case,the jury ,the whole 9 yards
and correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Civil Rights act has a provision for the death penalty in egregious cases
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline evadR

"That attitude is why I no longer support the cops automatically like I once did"

and the same can be said for the justice system...IMO.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.