Author Topic: BREAKING: Freddy Gray Had Spine Surgery Just One Week Before Arrest  (Read 3025 times)

Offline mrclose

Well, well, well ...

CONFIRMED: Court records show Freddie Gray was receiving a structured settlement from Allstate Insurance and attempted to convert it into one lump sum in early March

———————————————————————————————————————————–

EXCLUSIVE: The Fourth Estate has learned that Freddy Gray’s life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested, not from rough excessively rough treatment or abuse from police.

The Fourth Estate has contacted sources who allege that Freddy Gray received spinal and neck surgery a week before we was arrested, and was allegedly receiving a large structured settlement from Allstate Insurance. The surgery is allegedly related to a car accident in which Gray was involved.

Sources allege that Gray also attempted to refinance his structured settlement into one lump sum payment through Peachtree Funding.

If this is true, then it is possible that Gray’s spinal injury resulting from his encounter with the Baltimore Police was not the result of rough-handling or abuse, but rather a freak accident that occurred when Gray should have been at home resting, not selling drugs.

(Excerpt) Read more at thefourthestate.co ...

http://thefourthestate.co/2015/04/breaking-freddy-gray-had-spine-surgery-just-one-week-before-arrest/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: BREAKING: Freddy Gray Had Spine Surgery Just One Week Before Arrest
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 11:21:28 pm »
Didn't the deceased ask for medical care?

I read elsewhere the officers gave him a "wild ride" because he had made "eye contact" with them.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 11:22:42 pm »
Just reporting the news .. not saying any of this is true.
(I am practicing for a future MSNBC opening) :beer:
~ Self

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:35 pm »
That certainly puts things in a different light.  Doesn't seem wise to be running from the police when you should be home recovering from spinal surgery. 

:nono:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 11:24:11 pm »
Hmmmm.....I haven't seen this anywhere...wonder if it is true..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 11:40:28 pm »
Hmmmm.....I haven't seen this anywhere...wonder if it is true..

Don't know, but I did find this:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bs-md-freddie-gray-20150419-story.html#page=1

(excerpt)

Freddie Gray, a Baltimore man injured during an arrest by Baltimore police last week, died Sunday at Shock Trauma, prompting protests by city residents and out-of-town activists and promises from city officials for a thorough investigation.

Gray, 25, died a week after he suffered a broken vertabra after being arrested near Gilmor Homes in Sandtown-Winchester...

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 11:57:01 pm »
I just don't know how he would be riding a bike one week after back surgery...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 12:06:16 am »
I don't see how this changes anything, if it's true, other than the police ignored his request for medical attention.

Culpable is culpable, and this seems to be a tragic case of the police being indifferent, at best, to someone in custody who needed medical attention.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 12:42:30 am »
I just don't know how he would be riding a bike one week after back surgery...

Seriously.......... seems highly suspect to me.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 12:43:05 am »
I don't see how this changes anything, if it's true, other than the police ignored his request for medical attention.

Culpable is culpable, and this seems to be a tragic case of the police being indifferent, at best, to someone in custody who needed medical attention.

Agree.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2015, 01:48:25 am »
Didn't the deceased ask for medical care?

I read elsewhere the officers gave him a "wild ride" because he had made "eye contact" with them.
What is the source of that information?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 02:30:21 am »
Agree.
same here

and I have had back problems ,the idea that he would be out riding a bike after surgery is  BS
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 02:34:18 am »
What is the source of that information?
This, for one.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/the-rough-ride-and-police-culture/391538/

"Wild Ride" is a way for officers to mete out "extrajudicial" punishment.

I don't envy the officers, but they are not supposed to punish.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mrclose

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 08:47:26 pm »
A few minutes of digging around makes clear that the Allstate settlement had NOTHING to do with any vehicle accident or spinal injury.

A quick search of the Maryland court records shows that Freddie Gray's twin sister, Fredericka Gray (creative naming, right?) also had a structured settlement with Allstate that Peachtree was trying to purchase.

Some further digging reveals news articles that refer to a lawsuit brought by Freddie and Fredericka Gray against the owner of a building where they lived growing up, alleging that they were harmed by lead paint in the building.

Nowhere is any of this to do with an auto accident.

(I am so glad that I was able to put a "Plausible Deniability" in my first post before ya'll could read it!)  :beer:
~ Self

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 08:51:50 pm »
Thanks for digging!  :beer: :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 01:10:45 pm »
It’s still not clear what happened to Freddie Gray. Was he hurt during his arrest? Was he attacked by police in the back of that Baltimore Police Department van? Or did he try to injure himself, as documents obtained Tuesday by The Washington Post suggest?

One thing is certain, however. Freddie Gray did not have a pre-existing spinal injury....

...But the images on the Fourth Estate actually relate to Gray’s lead paint lawsuit, the Baltimore Sun revealed. An attorney representing the Gray family confirmed that the case concerned lead paint, not a spinal cord injury a week before Freddie Gray’s arrest....

...And yet that rumor might have caused real damage in a country already polarized on the subject of race and the police.  The story quickly spread to several other Web sites, such as Free Republic and the Conservative Tree House, which called Gray’s supposedly pre-existing injury “a potential game changing discovery...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/30/those-stories-that-freddie-gray-had-a-pre-existing-spinal-injury-are-totally-bogus/?hpid=z1

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 01:50:01 pm »
The police are flailing here, worse than Hillary.

Pre-existing injury. Attempted to injure himself. Rap sheet as long as your arm.

Bad cops happen. Own it and clean out the stables.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 03:04:01 pm »
Another lesson learned. In these times of Internet hoaxes and political disinformation campaigns it's more prudent to keep ones powder dry. Something Obama's rush-to-judgment administration should practice. He can always be expected to jump out in front of stories that have even the slightest to do with race. What else should we expect from an ideological racist?

Offline mrclose

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 10:00:52 pm »
BALTIMORE, Md. (WJLA) -- An investigation into the death of Baltimore resident Freddie Gray has found no evidence that his fatal injuries were caused during the videotaped arrest and interaction with police officers, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

The sources spoke to ABC7 News after being briefed on the findings of a police report turned over to prosecutors on Thursday.

Sources said the medical examiner found Gray's catastrophic injury was caused when he slammed into the back of the police transport van, apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/04/breaking-news-no-evidence-found-that-freddie-gray-s-death-was-result-of-police-who-arrested-him-prob.html
~ Self