Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>>7 Officers Hurt in Riot After Funeral of Baltimore Man Who Died in Custody  (Read 3995 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=641062

Newsmax
7 Officers Hurt in Riot After Funeral of Baltimore Man Who Died in Custody
Monday, April 27, 2015 04:43 PM

By: REUTERS

Seven Baltimore police officers were injured on Monday as rioters threw bricks and stones and burned patrol cars in violent protests after the funeral of a black man who died in police custody.

The riots broke out just a few blocks from the site of the funeral of 25-year-old Freddie Gray in northwest Baltimore and then spread through other parts of the city, after local law enforcement warned of a threat by gangs.

Television images showed looting and a mob of rioters jumping on the top of a police car, after teenaged crowds ignored calls to disperse and clashed with a line of hundreds of police.

Gray's death reignited a public outcry over police treatment of African Americans that flared last year after the killings of unarmed black men in Ferguson, Missouri, New York City and elsewhere.

The rioting in Baltimore was the most violent since the demonstrations in Ferguson last year.

Baltimore Police Captain Eric Kowalczyk said at a police briefing that one of the injured police officers was unresponsive and several had broken bones.

Kowalczyk said police, who initially tried to use restraint, would begin making arrests and using tear gas and pepper pellets to break up crowds.

Gray's family, pastors and city officials had pleaded for peaceful demonstrations after some arrests and injuries at protests over the weekend.

Earlier, at the funeral, speaker after speaker before the crowd packing the 2,500-seat New Shiloh Baptist Church said the world was watching to see if justice would be done for Gray, who died on April 19 from a spinal injury after police arrested him a week before.

"We hope that it doesn't get any worse than that, frankly, because Freddie Gray's family does not want this," Bill Murphy, attorney for Gray's family, told CNN in an interview.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Law enforcement vehicles burn after being set on fire by demonstrators amid ongoing clashes with police in Baltimore.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline musiclady

Shep Smith telling others not to draw conclusions as he draws conclusions......

This is a very bad situation that the police had better get control of.

(It doesn't help that the mayor has given the protestors permission 'to destroy.'  **nononono*)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I just hope armed gangs, or God forbid, ISIS doesn't take advantage of this situation and raise havoc.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

No justification whatsoever for this kind of behavior.  Blacks have been spurred to behave like this by the inflammatory rhetoric by people at the very top of this administration, beginning with the incident in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on through Trayvon Martin, and finally to Ferguson Missouri.

This is unacceptable.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Snipers.

Lots of them.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Baltimore gets to taste their own medicine.
Good luck with what you have brought on yourself.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Game at Camden tonight has been postponed by request of the police.  You think?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Surprise..

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Al-Sharpton-Baltimore-Freddie-Gray-march/2015/04/27/id/641090/

Newsmax
Al Sharpton to Visit Baltimore Over Custody Death, Riots
Monday, April 27, 2015 06:27 PM

By: Cathy Burke

The Rev. Al Sharpton is jumping into the controversy over a Baltimore man's death from injuries he suffered while in police custody, announcing Monday that he'll visit the riot-torn city this week and is planning a march next month.

Freddie Gray, 25, died April 19, a week after he suffered spinal cord injuries while in custody, and Sharpton says that's when activists and clerics first urged him to visit the city, the Baltimore Sun reports.

"I have been asked by many in the Baltimore area since day one to get involved in the justice for Freddie Gray movement," Sharpton said. But he says he resisted getting involved until news that a report on Gray's death might not be made public this week.

The Sun reports that Police Commissioner Anthony Batts has said police expect to present a report on Gray's death to the state attorney's office by Friday, though it's unclear whether it will be made public.

"I am saddened and disappointed that there now may not be a report released on May 1," said Sharpton, who heads the Harlem-based National Action Network. "It is concerning to me that a deadline that the police themselves had set and announced they have now conveniently changed."

Sharpton said the planned march, from Baltimore to Washington, is designed to call attention to Gray — as well as other black men recently shot and killed by police,  including Walter Scott in North Charleston, S.C., a case in which Sharpton also has become involved.

He also said he'd push the case with Loretta Lynch, the incoming U.S. attorney general.

"Ms. Lynch, in her new role that we all supported, must look and intervene in these cases," Sharpton said. "Justice delayed is justice denied."

The Sun reports that another civil rights leader, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, also says he's been invited to Baltimore in the wake of Gray's death.
Support the USO

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Wait! Wait! Wait a minute.

I'm starting to think that maybe race-baiting was not the right thing to do.

Really? You think that. Suck it you Liberal ass, suck it!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

I just heard the National Guard has been activated because roving bands of youths are attacking police

Offline kevindavis007

I just hope armed gangs, or God forbid, ISIS doesn't take advantage of this situation and raise havoc.

They will.. I think I will stay away from the big city, like Chicago this summer.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Charlespg

Snipers.

Lots of them.

Grapeshot and cannister work well  too
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I was supposed to go to the game tonight vs. the White Sox.

At about 4:30pm we decided that it would be crazy.  The Orioles ultimately postponed the game.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

What's going on now is catastrophic.

I remember 1968.

I didn't want to go back.

Thanks, Obama..........  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
No justification whatsoever for this kind of behavior.  Blacks have been spurred to behave like this by the inflammatory rhetoric by people at the very top of this administration, beginning with the incident in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on through Trayvon Martin, and finally to Ferguson Missouri.

This is unacceptable.

I hate to say it, but this goes way beyond inflammatory rhetoric. This is black culture in 2015. Thug culture, predator culture. The other races are sheep to slaughter while they kill and burn their way to the top of the food chain. They don't care if there's no civilization left, they live in the ghettos already so they're just making things more like home.

We need to understand the enemy to beat the enemy. This is way beyond incitement, it's a growing cancer that's going to get completely out of control.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline NavyCanDo

I'm thinking of the movie quote from Batman..."Some men just want to watch the world burn".  Seems to apply.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

http://scanbaltimore.com/

Police Scanner - Baltimore PD
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline PzLdr

Grapeshot and cannister work well  too

Go with M-60s or SAWs. The m-60 fires something like 900 rounds per minute. That should stop 'em. Then maybe a dose of 81mm Willy Peter...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline PzLdr

I hate to say it, but this goes way beyond inflammatory rhetoric. This is black culture in 2015. Thug culture, predator culture. The other races are sheep to slaughter while they kill and burn their way to the top of the food chain. They don't care if there's no civilization left, they live in the ghettos already so they're just making things more like home.

We need to understand the enemy to beat the enemy. This is way beyond incitement, it's a growing cancer that's going to get completely out of control.

They're not a 'culture'. They're a pathogen.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
From my side of the continent, this is predictable every couple of decades, or so.

1965 Watts Riots

1992 Rodney King Riots

Baltimore is NOT about Obama, or Holder. It is about the race and their individual and group shortcomings.

On the other side, it will be interesting how the deceased guy's spine was severed. They apparently gave him a "wild ride" because he made "eye contact."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:52:46 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

WATCH: White Man Stomped On The Sidewalk In Baltimore [VIDEO]

Posted By Patrick Howley On 11:23 PM 04/27/2015 In | No Comments

A white Baltimore man was pulled out of a Baltimore store Monday evening during the city’s riots and punched in the face.

The mob of supposedly peaceful demonstrators then proceeded to kick and stomp him into the pavement.

An eyewitness recounted the scene and posted a video of the incident, which television cameras caught but which television anchors did not immediately comment on.

Follow Howley on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/27/watch-white-man-stomped-on-the-sidewalk-in-baltimore-video/

Offline aligncare

There are so little confirmed facts to this story. Where did the "eye contact" narrative come from?