Author Topic: Toni Morrison Says Racism Is Over When A White Man Is Convicted Of Raping A Black Woman: It Happened In 1959  (Read 549 times)

rangerrebew

Toni Morrison Says Racism Is Over When A White Man Is Convicted Of Raping A Black Woman: It Happened In 1959 

Brian Anderson 
April 26, 2015

Earlier this week Downtrend’s own V. Saxena brilliantly covered Toni Morrison’s interview with The Telegraph in which the Nobel Laureate said racism is over when a white man is convicted of raping a black woman. Bust out the party hats; racism is over! And it has been since 1959 when 4 white men were convicted of raping a black woman in the deep South no less.

First, here’s Morrison’s comments:

“I want to see a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back,” she explained. “And I want to see a white man convicted for raping a black woman.”

“Then when you ask me, ‘Is it over?’, I will say yes.”

Those words were spoken by Morrison in 2015, so she’s a little over a half a century behind the curve because in 1959 in Tallahassee, Florida 4 white men were arrested and convicted of raping a black woman.

On May 2, 1959, William Collinsworth, Ollie Stoutamire, Patrick Scarborough, and David Beagles, four white guys, decided it would be fun to sexually assault a black woman so they went out looking for prey. They found a car near a park containing four black people, two men and tow women. Armed with shotguns and switchblade knives, the 4 white guys forced the 4 black people out of the car.

The white assailants told the two black men to take off leaving the two black women, Edna Richardson and Betty Jean Owens, in the white men’s captivity. At some point Richardson was able to escape, leaving Owens as the only hostage. The white men proceeded to beat the hell out of Owens and raped her 7 times.

Believe it or not, the black men contacted the police and their call was taken seriously. The four white men were quickly apprehended and arrested. Bear in mind that this was 1959 Florida and most people, black and white, didn’t expect the men to be convicted. Against all odds, the four men were convicted of rape and sentenced to life in prison.

Morrison was in her late 20’s at the time of this conviction. It was huge news and she was and is active in the black community and involved in black issues. There is no way in hell she wasn’t aware of this. She has “seen” a white man (4 white men specifically) convicted of raping a black woman.

According to Toni Morrison’s conditions, racism is over. Al Sharpton may drone on and on about it, but he’s a clown. Tony Morrison has won a Pulitzer, a Nobel Prize, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom. If she sets the rules, you better believe that’s what they are.

As for her other condition about seeing a cop shoot an unarmed white teen in the back, Morrison really should read Downtrend more often. Just about a month ago I wrote an article about David Kassick, an unarmed white man that was shot and killed by police in Pennsylvania. Sure, he wasn’t a teenager, but he was white, unarmed, and shot in the back. I’d hate to think Morrison could be guilty of ageism.

And because Morrison wants to “see” this, the good news is that prosecutors plan to release video footage of Kassick being shot in the back by Hummelstown police Officer Lisa Mearkle. Morrison will be able to see with her own two peepers a white man shot in the back by police.

With both of Toni Morrison’s conditions met, we can proclaim racism’s demise. It’s not all good news, though: Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will have to get real jobs, black-on-black violence will now be chalked up to black criminality, black people fired from jobs for incompetence won’t be able to sue their former employers, the ACLU might have to start defending actual civil rights cases involving the 2nd Amendment, and Obama will no longer have an excuse for being a terrible president.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/toni-morrison-says-racism-is-over-when-a-white-man-is-convicted-of-raping-a-black-woman-it-happened-in-1959
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:23:56 pm by rangerrebew »