Author Topic: Romney: Donation to Clinton Foundation 'looks like bribery'  (Read 449 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney: Donation to Clinton Foundation 'looks like bribery'
« on: April 24, 2015, 01:31:03 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/239946-romney-clinton-donations-looks-like-bribery

April 24, 2015, 08:12 am
Romney: Donation to Clinton Foundation 'looks like bribery'

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said Thursday evening that foreign donations to the Clinton Foundation make it appear as though Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton "was bribed" while secretary of State.

“You know, I’ve got to tell you, I was stunned by it. I mean, it looks like bribery,” he said while appearing on the Hugh Hewitt Show. “I mean, there is every appearance that Hillary Clinton was bribed to grease the sale of, what, 20 percent of America’s uranium production to Russia, and then it was covered up by lying about a meeting at her home with the principals, and by erasing emails.”

"And you know, I presume we might know for sure whether there was or was not bribery if she hadn’t wiped out thousands of emails. But this is a very, very serious series of facts, and it looks like bribery,” he added.

Romney was specifically addressing a Thursday New York Times story that alleged that investors in a uranium company donated to the Clinton Foundation before Hillary Clinton’s State Department approved the sale of the company to the Russian nuclear agency.

Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign has pushed back against the allegations, saying that there is no evidence to suggest a link between the donations and the approval.

Dismissing the Clinton campaign's response as “blah, blah, blah,” Romney said it was not clear yet what effect the questions could have on her campaign.

But he said that it is likely she would have to do something he refused to do when he campaigned for president in 2012: release her tax returns.

“Well, no question if she runs for president, Bill and Hillary Clinton will have to release their joint returns, not just her return, but their joint returns, because assets are commingled,” he said. “And No. 2, yes, the Foundation would have to release its returns as well. I’m not asking for 10 years, but I’m saying they ought to give at least three years of returns so we can see where the money’s been coming from.”

By David McCabe
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Romney: Donation to Clinton Foundation 'looks like bribery'
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 01:35:51 pm »
The Clintons have been selling out America for a very long time now without any repercussions and I don't expect that to change!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien