Author Topic: Los Angeles-area NFL stadium plans feature lightning bolts, eternal flame  (Read 517 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/04/24/los-angeles-area-nfl-stadium-plans-feature-lightning-bolts-memorial/?intcmp=latestnews

New designs released Thursday night for a proposed NFL stadium in the Los Angeles area include simulated lightning bolts for the San Diego Chargers and a flame honoring late Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis.

The thoroughly revamped plans for the $1.7 billion joint stadium proposal by the two teams came just two months after the project and an initial set of designs were first announced and two days after it received approval from the Carson City Council.

The designs were presented in New York this week to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the league's committee on possibly relocating a team to greater Los Angeles.

The flowing, metallic modern stadium design features a horseshoe-shaped seating arrangement that is open on one end.

"We wanted the building to be iconic and sleek, like a luxury sports car," David Manica, president of stadium designer Manica Architecture, told the Los Angeles

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The last pro football game I attended was at the coliseum, 1991 the LA Raiders, just before the Rodney King riots.

I noted some nice newer condos across the boulevard on the south side of the stadium at that time, and how that was a significant upgrade, in a somewhat crappy area.

Well, in 1992 during the Rodney King riots, that condo building was burned. Saw it on TV.

The recover a building cost of $1.7 billion and the players' pay, tickets will need to be outrageous. This proposed stadium is in a different area, close to the Forum, I think.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

We become more like the Romans every day, more interested in distractions than freedom.