Author Topic: Parents of Michael Brown to file civil lawsuit against city of Ferguson  (Read 508 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/23/parents-michael-brown-to-file-civil-lawsuit-against-city-ferguson/?intcmp=latestnews

ST. LOUIS –  Lawyers for the parents of Michael Brown, the unarmed, black 18-year-old who was fatally shot by a white police officer in a St. Louis suburb, announced Wednesday night that they planned to file a civil lawsuit the following day against the city of Ferguson.

Attorneys for the family said in a statement Wednesday night that the wrongful death lawsuit would be filed Thursday.

The lawsuit had been expected. Attorneys for Brown's mother, Lesley McSpadden, and his father, Michael Brown Sr., announced at a press conference in early March that a wrongful death lawsuit would be filed "soon."

Attorneys said at the time that the lawsuit would also name former Officer Darren Wilson, who shot Brown. The statement Wednesday did not mention Wilson, and a spokesman for the law firm said he could not provide any additional information about the lawsuit.

Brown's shooting led to sometimes-violent protests and spawned a national "Black Lives Matter" movement calling for changes in how police deal with minorities.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Well, the weather is getting warmer now - time to get those professional protesters back to work and back on a paycheck!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Well, the weather is getting warmer now - time to get those professional protesters back to work and back on a paycheck!

Nope....what I think is going to happen is this:

The civil suit will be lost, with the decision coming down in the Spring/Summer of 2016.

...just in time to rile up the Negro so that they get a much larger turnout than they did in 2012.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nope....what I think is going to happen is this:

The civil suit will be lost, with the decision coming down in the Spring/Summer of 2016.

...just in time to rile up the Negro so that they get a much larger turnout than they did in 2012.

Those angry mostly young Black thugs are never going to vote for an old White woman, Hillary or Warren. Never going to happen.

In fact, if the election keeps going the way it is now, I think you will see the most Hispanic turnout ever on the Republican side, and the least Black turnout ever on the Dem side.

Obama, because he was built up to be the messiah, and failed disastrously, has turn Blacks off from voting at all. There is no point to it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Those angry mostly young Black thugs are never going to vote for an old White woman, Hillary or Warren. Never going to happen.

In fact, if the election keeps going the way it is now, I think you will see the most Hispanic turnout ever on the Republican side, and the least Black turnout ever on the Dem side.

Obama, because he was built up to be the messiah, and failed disastrously, has turn Blacks off from voting at all. There is no point to it.

Good point....never thought of that.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald