Author Topic: NYT: CLINTONS FAILED TO DISCLOSE $2.35M DONATION FROM RUSSIAN-OWNED URANIUM CORP  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
NYT: CLINTONS FAILED TO DISCLOSE $2.35M DONATION FROM RUSSIAN-OWNED URANIUM CORP

From the New York Times:

The headline in Pravda trumpeted President Vladimir V. Putin’s latest coup, its nationalistic fervor recalling an era when the newspaper served as the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin: “Russian Nuclear Energy Conquers the World.”

The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world’s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

Read the rest of the story here.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/22/nyt-clintons-failed-to-disclose-2-35m-donation-from-russian-owned-uranium-corp/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'm sure it was just a simple oversight, and besides: it was a charitable donation, so what difference at this point does it make? It's old news, anyway. Everyday Americans simply don't care about these kind of distractions, which are all part of the Right-Wing Noise Machine, as financed by the Koch Brothers....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What's up?

Can somebody please explain...in layman's terms...just what the New York Times is doing in savaging the Clintons?  Especially with no other nationally known Democrat planning to run for POTUS.

Or is this just what happens in the bizzaro world?   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
What's up?

Can somebody please explain...in layman's terms...just what the New York Times is doing in savaging the Clintons?  Especially with no other nationally known Democrat planning to run for POTUS.

I've been saying for some time that I don't believe Hillary will be the Dem nominee - she's too old, too unlikeable, and has too many skeletons in the closet.  She'll be pushed out of the running by her own party and the sooner they can do it, the better.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Relic

What's up?

It's good business on two fronts. I agree with Alice, the hard left doesn't want Hillary. I've been saying for a long time, I think it will be Elizabeth Warren. But, assuming Clinton survives and is the nominee, the NYT wants this stuff out, in the open, and easily swept away as old news in a general election. So, ideally, they want Clinton gone, but they'll take her over ANY Republican.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I've been saying for some time that I don't believe Hillary will be the Dem nominee - she's too old, too unlikeable, and has too many skeletons in the closet.  She'll be pushed out of the running by her own party and the sooner they can do it, the better.

I still believe...especially with news of this Uranium mine sold to Russia, involving Clinton Foundation donors, that she will, in the next 90 days, experience a  transient ischemic attack (TIA)...or "mini -stroke.

Good-bye, Hillary!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I still believe...especially with news of this Uranium mine sold to Russia, involving Clinton Foundation donors, that she will, in the next 90 days, experience a  transient ischemic attack (TIA)...or "mini -stroke.

Good-bye, Hillary!   

Yep.  I can hear her speech now, with the adoring press all around her:

"I will be spending more time with my family - especially my beautiful new granddaughter." 

Awwwwww - how touching!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron

It's good business on two fronts. I agree with Alice, the hard left doesn't want Hillary. I've been saying for a long time, I think it will be Elizabeth Warren. But, assuming Clinton survives and is the nominee, the NYT wants this stuff out, in the open, and easily swept away as old news in a general election. So, ideally, they want Clinton gone, but they'll take her over ANY Republican.

Good Point. They know not many are paying attention more than a 1.5 year out. When it becomes important and some are paying attention it will be OLD news??? :seeya: