Author Topic: Chris Matthews: Democratic Party ‘Is Not Unified. It’s Coming Apart… It’s Devolving’ [VIDEO]  (Read 913 times)

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Chris Matthews: Democratic Party ‘Is Not Unified. It’s Coming Apart… It’s Devolving’ [VIDEO]

Posted By Alex Griswold On 2:00 PM 04/22/2015 In | No Comments

MSNBC host Chris Matthews said on “Andrea Mitchell Reports” Wednesday the Democratic Party is “not unified,” and is “coming apart.” (VIDEO: Chris Matthews Gushes Over Hillary: ‘Girlish, Fun, Upbeat, Exuberant’)

GUEST HOST THOMAS ROBERTS: Does she have to pick a side on this, be more clear about her position?

MATTHEWS: This morning, Al Hunt made the point from Bloomberg that she ought to do a Sister Souljah moment and just say she’s for trade. Intellectually, I think she probably is for the trade deal. But the pressure on her from all the Democratic interest groups now– and this goes to the issue of Iran, everything you think about right now, all the usual interest groups, the pro-Israeli hardliners, people like that—- are all saying, ‘Which side are you on?’

And the Democratic Party is not unified now. It’s coming apart, you can see it. It’s devolving. And so everybody — it’s every man for himself, every politician for themselves now. And that’s what’s going on. Every issue that comes up now, they’re not looking at the leadership of the White House. They’re thinking how do they save their butts politically. And Hillary’s thinking about does she want to make enemies with organized labor? Probably no.

ROBERTS: Every man, these days, every man and woman for themselves. We’ll wait and see.

MATTHEWS: A little comment, Thomas. The Democratic Party, if you care about the party, does well when it’s more than the sum of its parts. Under the Clintons, under the Kennedy administration, it was always for something bigger than just a bunch of interest groups. And the minute it becomes just interest groups, it gets about 44 percent and loses the next general election. It has to be for something, commanding something national, something unifying, something inspiring.

It can’t just be just protect your rear end. And unfortunately, that’s what it’s beginning to look like lately as the president fades, you know, the president’s fading into his later part of his second term. And they’re just doing everything for themselves. It makes sense politically; it’s not nice to look at, though.

Follow Alex Griswold on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/22/chris-matthews-democratic-party-is-not-unified-its-coming-apart-its-devolving-video/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Mr. "Thrill going up my leg", IMO, is merely taking steps to ensure he's not irrelevant for being a complete idiot these past 8 years.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

They – the democrats who voted for it and the republicans who failed to stop it – ram through Obamacare, among other liberty-stealing legislation. Then poof! They move on, these merely fleeting politicians.

Their inhabitance in the halls of government may be transitory, but the havoc they leave behind is permanent.

Generally, temporary politicians (and I include both sides in this) ban together to mutilate the constitution and thus they burden the people and damage the future. The Supreme Court no longer protects the constitution and the people from these temporary politicians.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Agreed.

A damned supercomputer designed to follow the, U.S. Constitution (as written) to the letter, protecting it from all enemies, foreign AND domestic would be more prudent than nine flawed human beings in black robes.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
They – the democrats who voted for it and the republicans who failed to stop it – ram through Obamacare, among other liberty-stealing legislation. Then poof! They move on, these merely fleeting politicians.

Their inhabitance in the halls of government may be transitory, but the havoc they leave behind is permanent.

Generally, temporary politicians (and I include both sides in this) ban together to mutilate the constitution and thus they burden the people and damage the future. The Supreme Court no longer protects the constitution and the people from these temporary politicians.

Politicians seek election and are elected on the back of promises to go to DC and "fix" this problem or that. They get to DC and set about the task of delivering on their promises by doing the only thing they can do... drafting  new laws, legislation and statutes. So every few years we have a bunch of politicians who (irrespective of Party of ideological base) basically grow the breadth and scope of the Federal government.

Someone I highly respect once pointed out that government wasn't the solution to the problem, government was the problem. We still look to politicians as problem solvers when they are in fact problem creators.

If I ran for office, I'd do it on the back of a promise to do absolutely nothing once elected.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:05:53 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
If I ran for office, I'd do it on the back of a promise to do absolutely nothing once elected.

Promise to do nothing but repeal laws and you'd get the vote of everyone in the world, never mind the country.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Promise to do nothing but repeal laws and you'd get the vote of everyone in the world, never mind the country.

You're probably right.

The problem with your addendum is that in order to deliver on that promise, I'd need the backing of others because no one politician at any level of government has that much power. If I don't get that backing, I can't deliver in my promise, and if I don't deliver on my promise, I failed.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx