Author Topic: White House: 'Job Is Not Done' in Yemen  (Read 800 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: 'Job Is Not Done' in Yemen
« on: April 22, 2015, 01:44:28 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=640017

Newsmax
White House: 'Job Is Not Done' in Yemen
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 09:17 AM

By: REUTERS

Yemen remains unstable and much more work needs to be done in the region, despite a declared halt to the Saudi-led bombing campaign in the country, the White House said on Wednesday.

"Obviously, the job is not done," Jen Psaki, White House communications director, said on CNN.

Tuesday's announcement by Saudi Arabia that it would end its campaign of air strikes against the Iranian-allied Houthis drew positive responses from the White House and Tehran, as well as fresh calls for peace talks and for humanitarian aid.

Saudi Arabia said its month-old campaign against the Houthis, who had seized large areas in Yemen, had met its goals but rival forces fought on in Yemen on Wednesday.

Psaki acknowledged problems remain in the country.

"There is remaining instability in the region, in Yemen," she said. "There's a lot of work that needs to be done and we're going to be doubling down and continuing to work on that with our partners around the world."

Saudi Arabia's leading role against the Houthis has turned Yemen into the latest theater of a regional proxy conflict between the Gulf's leading Sunni Muslim and Shi'ite Muslim powers - a struggle also playing out in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq.

Psaki said all parties in Yemen need to come together to reach a diplomatic solution.

"There no other solution that's going to work," she told CNN. "This is not a war that can be fought on the battlefield."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: White House: 'Job Is Not Done' in Yemen
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 02:37:45 pm »
Um - don't they get briefed before they go on the news talk shows?

The bombing campaign restarted this morning. No reason given.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:53:31 pm »
Um - don't they get briefed before they go on the news talk shows?

The bombing campaign restarted this morning. No reason given.

Apparently they don't get briefed - they hear about it on the news like all of us do.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 04:59:39 pm »
Apparently they don't get briefed - they hear about it on the news like all of us do.

This administration has 'dumb' as a requirement to be its spokesperson.  That's why they select Valley Girls to represent them.

They're so dimwitted that they most likely wouldn't understand a briefing if they went to one.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »
This administration has 'dumb' as a requirement to be its spokesperson.  That's why they select Valley Girls to represent them.

They're so dimwitted that they most likely wouldn't understand a briefing if they went to one.

You're not kidding. Consider the depth of drivel involved here:

"There is remaining instability in the region, in Yemen," she said. (No shit. Really? What was your first clue, Jen?)

"There's a lot of work that needs to be done (what sort of "work", I wonder might cause crazy Islamic radicals to suddenly stop wanting to kill their neighbors?) and we're going to be doubling down (because "doubling down" is what all good Obamites do, or know how to do) and continuing to work on that with our partners around the world. (Which partners? Iran? Turkey? Russia? At least the Saudis tried to do something about it - by bombing the rebels.)"

Psaki said all parties in Yemen need to come together to reach a diplomatic solution.
"There no other solution that's going to work," she told CNN. "This is not a war that can be fought on the battlefield."

(As opposed to... all the other places where wars are fought, genius? Really: WTF?).

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 07:46:10 pm »

You're not kidding. Consider the depth of drivel involved here:

"There is remaining instability in the region, in Yemen," she said. (No shit. Really? What was your first clue, Jen?)

"There's a lot of work that needs to be done (what sort of "work", I wonder might cause crazy Islamic radicals to suddenly stop wanting to kill their neighbors?) and we're going to be doubling down (because "doubling down" is what all good Obamites do, or know how to do) and continuing to work on that with our partners around the world. (Which partners? Iran? Turkey? Russia? At least the Saudis tried to do something about it - by bombing the rebels.)"

(As opposed to... all the other places where wars are fought, genius? Really: WTF?).

I know, I know!!

Someone suggested that Jen sounds like she's a participant in a HS mock United Nations assembly.

Only I participated in one nearly 50 years ago, and not a single kid in my class was as idiotic as she is.  (I represented Sweden, so I didn't have a whole lot to say.  ^-^)

I swear, she might as well have actually said we just need to hold hands in a big circle and sing Kumbaya together.

Did you ever think that ANY administration would be so downright stupid in their foreign policy?

Every day is a bad episode of the Twilight Zone....   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 07:52:44 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34