Author Topic: Lib Priests Declaring Jesus Was A “Transsexual” And Christianity Is “Queer”  (Read 836 times)

rangerrebew

Lib Priests Declaring Jesus Was A “Transsexual” And Christianity Is “Queer”

Robert Gehl 
April 21, 2015

Well, this ain’t what I was taught in Sunday School.

Some off-the-rails “Christians” are proclaiming that Jesus Christ may have been a transsexual.

It’s about the most convoluted logic I’ve ever read, but their argument is that if Jesus was born of virgin birth, he would have had female “XX” chromosomes and no male “XY” chromosomes. Therefore: “If he is said to have a male body but with XX chromosomes, that’s sort of a trans Jesus.”

The argument is coming from Patrick Cheng, an Episcopal Priest and a minister at the majority-homosexual Metropolitan Community Churches, a group of churches headquartered in Florida.

Cheng goes further and proclaims that because Christ died and was resurrected, he was “still the same person, but born in a different body” – just like transsexuals might feel.

And that communion is akin to taking “hormones.” And that since Jesus was “excluded from his family” (which he wasn’t), that’s the same experience that many transsexuals experience.

“I think Christian theology is queer at its heart,” Cheng said. “Jesus is challenging the binary between the human and the divine, Jesus is challenging the binary between life and death, between the center and the margins, between body and spirit, heaven and Earth, alpha and the omega,” Cheng said. “Jesus is that transitional figure. That’s what queer theology is about – you’ve got these poles, but reality is actually more spectrum.”

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/lib-priests-declaring-jesus-was-a-transsexual-and-christianity-is-queer
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:48:32 am by rangerrebew »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
When the end times come, these are going to be the first churches on God's **** list.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

Patrick Cheng can "declare" whatever he wants. What matters is what God says.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Opinions are like a$$holes.

Cheng's is busier than most.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

rangerrebew

I've been reading the Catholic Church isn't doing to well.  I don't suppose people like this are hurting the Church. :whistle:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I've been reading the Catholic Church isn't doing to well.  I don't suppose people like this are hurting the Church. :whistle:

Not sure why the actions of an Episcopalian gay priest would reflect on the Catholic Church.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline mountaineer

The % of homosexual Episcopalian priests just continues to grow.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I swear....it's like they keep poking and jabbing Christians in the hope that somebody will spill blood and/or murder.

Then, Obama will be able to say...."See?  Muslims aren't the only ones that slaughter in the name of their belief system/religion."
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald