Author Topic: American couple gets prison time in Indonesia suitcase killing of woman's mother  (Read 357 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/04/21/american-couple-gets-prison-time-in-indonesia-suitcase-killing-woman-mother/?intcmp=latestnews

BALI, Indonesia –  An Indonesian court found an American couple guilty of premeditated murder and sentenced them to prison on Tuesday in the killing of the woman's mother on the resort island of Bali.

The Denpasar District Court sentenced Tommy Schaefer to 18 years in prison and Heather Mack to 10 years for intentionally killing Sheila von Wiese-Mack while vacationing last August. The badly battered body was found stuffed in a suitcase inside the trunk of a taxi at the St. Regis Bali Resort.

The three-judge panel said it decided to be lenient toward Mack, 19, because she recently gave birth.

"Her newborn baby badly needs a mother's love and breastfeeding," the verdict said.

The court ruled that Schaefer, 21, was guilty of battering von Wiese-Mack to death in a hotel room at the resort, and that his girlfriend Mack had helped with the Aug. 12 killing.

snip

but please have mercy on my soul and that of my daughter Stella, as I miss my mother and father so very much. Amen

bold type mine. She misses the same mother she helped put in a suitcase?

Offline flowers

EXCLUSIVE: Body in suitcase teen Heather Mack celebrates lenient 10-year Bali sentence by getting DRUNK behind bars while her boyfriend shows his true colors by lashing out after receiving 18 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3048267/Heather-Mack-sentenced-sadistic-murder-mother-boyfriend-lashes-s-handed-maximum-18-bars-Bali.html

Heather Mack, 19, from Chicago jailed for 10 years for killing her mother
Panel of judges were lenient toward Mack because she recently gave birth and needs to breastfeed
Reporters on the scene in Bali say Mack was chugging booze from a Sprite bottle that had been smuggled into jail
Her boyfriend, Tommy Schaefer, 21 sentenced to 18 years imprisonment
Schaefer lashed out at photographers outside the court in Denpasar, Bali

She gets to keep the child for 2 years in prison. Then what? They take a 2 year old away from mom who is living in prison?????  That poor child.