Author Topic: Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham, John McCain Are Obama's 'Lapdogs'  (Read 615 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=639909

Newsmax
Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham, John McCain Are Obama's 'Lapdogs'
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 06:08 PM

By: Jason Devaney

Sens. Lindsey Graham and John McCain are "lapdogs for President Obama," Kentucky Sen. and presidential candidate Rand Paul said Tuesday.

Paul, who is running for the Republican nomination, made his remarks during an interview with Fox News' Bill Hemmer.

"Lindsey Graham said this about your world view: 'Generally speaking, you have done more wrong than right,'" Hemmer said around 3:40 into the video below. "John McCain says, 'You don't understand, you've displayed this kind of naiveté since you came to the Senate.' What's going on there?"

Paul replied: "This comes from a group of people who have been wrong about every foreign policy issue over the last two decades. They supported Hillary Clinton's war in Libya, they supported President Obama's bombing of Assad. They also support President Obama's foreign aid to countries that hate us. So if there's anyone who is the most opposed to President Obama's foreign policy, it's me.

"These people are essentially the lapdogs for President Obama, and I think they're sensitive about that."

Paul was the second major candidate to enter the presidential race, behind fellow Republican and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz. He has sparred with other Republicans over contrasting views of how to fix the problems facing the country's leaders.

On Monday, South Carolina's Graham criticized Paul's foreign policy background and views.

"Rand's a libertarian. He has a view of the world that I don't share. He said that we shouldn't have any troops in Iraq, he agreed with Obama, that was a disaster," Graham said. "When there was a chance to do something constructive about Syria with a no-fly zone, he said that we don't need one.

"Generally he has been more wrong than right. He has an isolationist view of the world that I don't share.

"Rand Paul is one step behind leading from behind. Even Obama is more aggressive."

Last fall, McCain said Paul was "sliding down the slope of credibility" over a spat the pair had regarding the Islamic State (ISIS).

Republicans Cruz, Paul, and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio are all running for president, while former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker are expected to join them in the race. Others who could run for the GOP nomination include Graham and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee.

On the left, Hillary Clinton announced her candidacy last week.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham, John McCain Are Obama's 'Lapdogs'
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 10:53:26 pm »
I don't want to defend Paul, McCain, or Graham on this.  Have at it boys and congratulations to Sen Cruz and Gov Walker who benefit from this infighting.  I wonder if they are smart enough to stay out of this fight?