Author Topic: Rand Paul: Clinton Book Author Briefed Me on 'Unseemly' Details  (Read 379 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=639794

Newsmax
Rand Paul: Clinton Book Author Briefed Me on 'Unseemly' Details
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 10:19 AM

By: Ali Elkin

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul says the author of the forthcoming book Clinton Cash briefed him on the book and that its allegations are “alarming.”

The book by Peter Schweizer purports to show that donors to Hillary Clinton's family foundation and groups that hired her husband for speaking engagements received government favors while Clinton led the State Department, the New York Times reported Sunday.

“I've promised not to reveal all the details, but I think people are going to be blown away by the details in this book and how they link the Clintons into this enormous exchange of money from foreign countries, from donors to companies and that it's all swirling around,” Paul, a Kentucky senator, said on Fox News' Hannityon Monday. “It reminds me of people using the system to enrich themselves and I think it looks unseemly and I think a lot of Americans are going to agree with me.”

Asked if the behavior detailed in the book is illegal, Paul did not outright classify it that way, instead saying that the book will raise questions.

“All I can say is that the secretary of state has to oversee some transactions and the real question is was there money that influenced these transactions directly or indirectly,” Paul said.

Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon told the Times that the book is a Republican attack, “twisting previously known facts into absurd conspiracy theories.” At a campaign event in New Hampshire on Monday, Clinton called the book and its resulting criticism “distractions.”

Paul and Florida Senator Marco Rubio, a fellow Republican presidential candidate and member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, were both briefed on the book, the Times said Sunday without specifying who briefed them or whether it was done through the committee or independently. Paul campaign spokesman Sergio Gor declined to comment. Paul's Senate office and HarperCollins, the book's publisher, did not immediately reply to requests for comment.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Rand Paul: Clinton Book Author Briefed Me on 'Unseemly' Details
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:06:41 pm »
Hillary is out of contention by late summer. Not even democrats want to defend her anymore.