Author Topic: Watch: Reporter Gets Fed Up With State Dept. Spokeswoman During Press Conference and Calls Her Out  (Read 649 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/04/20/watch-state-dept-spokeswoman-dodges-questions-from-frustrated-reporters-three-times-in-21-minutes/

Watch: Reporter Gets Fed Up With State Dept. Spokeswoman During Press Conference and Calls Her Out
Apr. 20, 2015 2:37pm Pete Kasperowicz   

Acting State Department spokesman Marie Harf had several snippy exchanges with reporters on Monday, as she dodged questions about the Iran nuclear agreement and an allegedly corrupt former contract employee at the department.

The first incident happened when one reporter asked Harf how State is able to stop Iran’s destabilizing behavior in other Middle East countries without engaging with Iran on this issue. Harf said State has sanctions and other tools, but said she agrees with the reporter that “it’s a challenge.”

When the reporter protested that he never said it’s a challenge, and implied Harf was dodging his real question, Harf interrupted:

“You don’t think it’s a challenge?”

The exasperated reporter replied, “I’m not here to answer your questions, I’m here to try to get answers to mine.”

Tensions rose again after reporters started asking Harf to confirm whether reports are true that Iran could gain immediate access to as much as $50 billion in frozen assets once the final Iran nuclear deal is signed.

Harf initially said, “that’s not true,” and stressed that all forms of “sanctions relief” would not take effect until Iran fully implements its nuclear commitments under the deal. That goes against a Wall Street Journal report, which said Iran would get access to billions right from the start, once the deal is signed.

When asked if it could be possible that Iran might be able to receive any money once the deal is signed, she dodged by saying it’s a hypothetical that seemed unlikely. But after several questions, she was finally asked whether Iran would get any sort of “signing bonus” just for agreeing to the final deal.

Harf seemed to indicate she didn’t actually know, and said she would have to check.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Neophyte amateurs in the State Department, being directed by a neophyte amateur President.

Thanks to all you Liberals out there, for giving America this gaggle of clowns. Government these days is a freak show, with children and 'bundlers' running it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 11:47:03 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

A State department represented by Valley Girls with 2 years of a Berkley education under their belts.....

Oy.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Neophyte amateurs in the State Department, being directed by a neophyte amateur President.

Thanks to all you Liberals out there, for giving America this gaggle of clowns. Government these days is a freak show, with children and 'bundlers' running it.

I'm completely out of words for these people. They are just nonsensical at this point, not even able to PR their way out of it.
The Republic is lost.