Author Topic: NY Times: David Koch Says GOP Nominee 'Should Be Scott Walker'  (Read 1286 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=639654

Newsmax
NY Times: David Koch Says GOP Nominee 'Should Be Scott Walker'
Monday, April 20, 2015 04:58 PM

By: Greg Richter

Charles and David Koch, the billionaire brothers who back conservative causes and candidates, say they believe Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is the best hope for Republicans to regain the White House, The New York Times reports.

"We will support whoever the candidate is, but it should be Scott Walker," David Koch reportedly told a fundraising event for the state GOP in Manhattan on Monday.

Koch made the statement at the Union League Club before dozens of New York state's top political donors just after Walker had addressed the group, the Times reported.

Koch reportedly implied that their Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Partners groups would not back a particular candidate in the primaries, though they may do so personally.

Still, the endorsement is seen as the possible end of one of the so-called "invisible primaries," in which GOP candidates have courted the backing of the Kochs, the Times noted.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is still outpolling all GOP rivals, but many see his last name as an impediment. Walker is seen as a candidate who has a foot in both the establishment and tea party wings.

Super-PACs, organizations, and fellow donors linked to the Koch brothers have pledged $900 million to aid Republican candidates in the 2016 elections.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline evadR

Re: NY Times: David Koch Says GOP Nominee 'Should Be Scott Walker'
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:58:17 am »
ooo, this is series.

Good for you Governor Walker.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:04:14 pm »
The NYTimes must be seriously scared of Scott Walker.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 03:05:54 pm »
NYT looking for back up plan to JEB; Thus far RUBIO or Walker look like the candidates. NYT tell you who the LIBS, RINOGOP and DEMS want and fear the most.  One  just has to read slowly. When they are not writing BS about a candidate at all like TC you know they fear him the most along with the LIBS, RINOGOP and DEMS.JMO :chairbang:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:06:36 pm by Longiron »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 03:11:35 pm »
Looks like David Koch and I agree at present!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 04:54:39 pm »
I like some combination of Walker and Rubio best.    But, if one of the two decided to add Kelly Ayotte as a darkhorse VP I wouldn't mind that as a demographic play.